Manual Order Processing

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:20 AM

I have followed the instructions for changing the system to process a manual order but still see the requirement to "Pay by Cheque" in the cart as well as the cheque icon. Also once selected to process the cart I get a message about "Waiting for cheque" on the confirmation page.

I only want to let the customer know that they will need to pay for the order on pick up or they can call their card in.

How do I get rid of the cheque icon and change this wording?

Thanks

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I was given instructions on how to change the Icon but changing out the gif file but I would still like to change the wording  of the Pay by Cheque link. I also need to eliminate the message on the confirmation page stating that the store is waiting to receive the check.

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Hi,

The image thing would be a cache issue, restarting the DNN app will clear all server cache, clearing broswer cache will solve the problem locally.  (or just wait for the cache to reset!)

With the other text, nearly all the text can be change in NB_Store via either the NB_Store templates and settings or by the module resx file.

To change the NB_Store templates go into the BackOffice>Utilities>Templates .....I think "gatewaymsg.text" is the one you need to change.

For the resx file go into the DNN resx editor.

If you need to change the order status description it's a little more difficult but still possible...have a look at this thread http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=74168

Regards.

Dave.