NB_Store Suggestion - "Processor/Fullfillment" Emails on products

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Hello Guys,

Here is my scenario.  I'm setting up a store for a non-profit.  This non-profit has multiple fund raisers running at the same time.  These fund raisers are run by different groups of people.

Some of these people may sell Tee-shirts, pins, buttons, etc.  Each product item may be distributed from a different company (Tee Shirt Printing Shop, Button shop, etc).  The non-profit does not actually fill and ship the orders, some other company does.

My suggestion:  Could it be possible for each product to have a separate "Fulfillment"(Vendor) email address (Maybe capability to have multiple emails/vendors)? 
Maybe call it "Interested Parties".  So maybe the Fund Raising committee guys might get the email along with the vendor.

The way I envision this working is after an order is placed (PayPal, or Check received) not only would the person placing the order receive a confirmation email, but also the vendor or other "Interested Parties" who will actually fill and process the order. 
Maybe tie into the DNN Users profiles to make it easier to maintain.  Each vendor and committee member would have a DNN Login Profile.

Future thinking:  It could be great to do more work on the Orders History Module.  It would be great for these vendors to be able to log into a "Vendors page" where the Order History Module is located.  They would only see order details for products which they fulfill.

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2010 at 6:02 AM

Hi Jason,

One way you could do this is to create a SQL report and set the email option, you can then email it at a regular time.  But bear in mind the DNN scheduler is notoriously unreliable when sending things at set times.

I would suggest creating a custom field in the products which will be the supply, you could then use this in the SQL to build a report for each supplier.

Regards,

Dave.

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Thanks Dave.

That sounds simple enough.  I'll give it a shot.

-Jason