Upgrade of Settings Failed. ManagerMenuDefault.xml version 01.01.06 mismatch with NB_Store version 02.00.07

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:22 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2010 at 9:23 PM

WTF??!!

I've just tried to upgrade a site from NB_Store 1.1.6 to 2.0.7. The upgrade ran without errors but as soon as I browsed to Backoffice I received the following error and now I can access some parts of back office but not others.

HELP!!!! I need to get this store back online.

"Upgrade of Settings Failed. ManagerMenuDefault.xml version 01.01.06 mismatch with NB_Store version 02.00.07"

When browsing to the product list...

"Error: is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductList.populateList(Int32 CatID) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductList.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---"

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Hi MartyNZ,

Wow!!, that's hell of a jump in versions..

OK. the setting error is no big deal, it's just telling you that there is a mismatch in the setting so it can't update them automatiaclly...

The second one is a problem  obviously....I can't remember all the changes since v1.16, but I wonder if you've now got some settings missing.

If you've got a live site I would suggest you rollback to the previous version. then do an upgrade in a test.  One thing to try first in order to try and get it working is to import the setting manually through the "BackOffice>Admin" select import setting and do NOT check the overwrite option.  Then select the ManagerMenuDefault.xml file from the DesktopModules/NB_Store/Templates directory and import this...hopefully it will restore the setting required.

Regards,

Dave.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Oh dear, I don’t have an ‘admin’ tab in backoffice any more...

How do I roll back?

And once I’ve done that, This site’s store isn’t online yet, which is why I jumped without looking, but I would like it to be on the latest version before it goes live, so obviously I need to do this in steps. What are the steps I need to do it in?

(I have versions 1.1.6, 1.2.2, & 2.0.7 on file)

cheers

MartyNZ

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Hi Marty,

The only sure way to rollback is to restore your DB and DNN filesystem.

Not on line yet...Cool...no need for panic then!!!

The fact you've not got an admin tab is surprising...I've just been looking at the versions and a jump from v1.1.6 to 2.0.7 isn't as bad as I first thought...it should have work OK.

My first thought would be to look at the event log in DNN and see if the error message in there is any more meaningful.

No admin tab usualluy means your trying to access the site as MangerLite role....are you logged in as host?

The managermenu.xml can be imported as a normal DNN module setting import, you'll need to rename it to "content.NBStoreBackOffice.NBStoreBackOffice.xml" and place it into your portal root.  Then you should be able ti do a normal "Import Settings" from the DNN module menu......Note! I've not tried this, but in theory it should work.

Regards,

Dave.

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Dave,

I was getting the Error message below on a on a remote site for 02.01.07.

"NB_Store_BackOffice is currently unavailable"

Your message below was the solution to this problem for me. 

I exported from my local site and then just imported -- exactly as you explained -- to my remote or production site.  And it worked!

You said:

The managermenu.xml can be imported as a normal DNN module setting import, you'll need to rename it to           "content.NBStoreBackOffice.NBStoreBackOffice.xml" and place it into your portal root. 

Then you should be able ti do a normal "Import Settings" from the DNN module menu......
Note! I've not tried this, but in theory it should work."

Just wanted to let you know your "theory" worked great!

Thank you!