Search not including description?

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Hey, I think this may be just a general DNN question and not an NB_Store issue but i wasn't sure?

In any case, it seems as though the search function is only searching the item name, and not indexing anything in the description, etc.

Is this normal? Any chance the description can be included? (BTW, I'm now using the latest BETA3)

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Hi Justin,

For speed I change the paging to work on the Database side, this overcomplicated the DNN index integration, so I removed it....therefore the desacription field is not longer part of the search fields.  My thought was that the summary field which is included in the search should cover this...the fields that should be searched are  ProductName, Product Ref, Summary and Manufacturer.

I've also had the idea of using the SQLSever text search facility in order it include the description field...but this needs some working out.

Anyway maybe I was a bit premature taking out the description, because for small store < 1000 products I don;t think the perforance drop would have been too big.....Maybe an option to allow the description field into the search would be a nice thing to have....I'm tidying up some work on the beta, if it's easy I put it in beta4 (I hate adding features to a beta!!!!...but if I wait, it'll be a long time!!).

Regards,

Dave.

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:27 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.