Creating Portal Template with Content Not Working

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Hi,

Now I've got NBStore configured, I want to be able to replicate it. However if I create a template from my portal, even though I tick the box to include contect, none of the NBStore settings are setup in the template.

JJ

Coordinator
Mar 29, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Hi JJ,

That;s a bit odd!!...the settings of the Back Office should be exported with the BackOffice module...was this a new portal without any settings before?? if so I would have expected it to work.  If it was a existing portal then maybe the "overwrite.settings" setting was set to false?

Have you tried exporting the settings manually from the BackOffice>Admin tab and then importing them to you new store, with the overwrite option set to true...does this work??

Regards,

Dave.

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Dave,

Process was from the Portals page on the host menu, I exported the portal to a template. Then created a new portal based on the template created. I ticked the option to save the content when exporting the template. All other content came across except the NBStore settings. 

I haven't tried to the export of the settings yet. I was hoping my first strategy would work because it would be so much easier.

JJ

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Hi JJ,

I would have expected this to work, I'll give it a quick test and see if I can see what's happening.

Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Hi JJ,

Yes, the problem was that on a new portal creation the import didn;t seem to be getting the correct portalid, I've changed the code to get the portaid by using the moduleid, it seems to be OK now.  I've put the fix in the next release v2.0.11 beta4.

Thanks,

Dave.