canceled order and stock

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Hi,

What happens with the stock when an order is canceled.
Are the items from this order added back to the stock?

With regards, Ton

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Hi Ton,

No, once the order has been processed and the stock removed it basicallly closed off, therefore if you move it to canceled the stock will not be re-added, you'll have to do it manually.

I should also note here that NB_Store is not a stock control system, and with the nature of the internet and the fact we are re-directing to another website for payment and then back..hoping everything works, everytime, I would not like to say the stock control is 100% secure, so although I think you can trust it to some extent I always tell my clients to monitor the stock levels....especially when they are low.

Here is a report you can add to the reports to look at stock..

select 
ModelRef,
ModelName,
QtyTrans as [Qty in Progress],
QtyTransDate as [Last Progressed],
QtyStockSet as [Max Stock],
QtyRemaining as [Stock Level]
from dbo.NB_Store_Model as M
inner join dbo.NB_Store_ModelLang as ML on ML.ModelID = M.ModelID and ML.Lang = 'fr-FR'
where Deleted = 0
and QtyRemaining >= 0

or if you just want the low stock you can try this...

select 
ModelRef,
ModelName,
QtyTrans as [Qty in Progress],
QtyTransDate as [Last Progressed],
QtyStockSet as [Max Stock],
QtyRemaining as [Stock Level]
from dbo.NB_Store_Model as M
inner join dbo.NB_Store_ModelLang as ML on ML.ModelID = M.ModelID and ML.Lang = 'fr-FR'
where Deleted = 0
and QtyRemaining >= 0  and QtyRemaining < 10

You'll have to change the 'fr-FR' to the LANG parameter in the reports system.

Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Hi Ton,

Just an added thought on this, if the payment is cancelled at the payment provider side...ie. the payment is not accepted for any reason, then the stock is removed from the stock in progress area and therefore will not effect the stock level.  It's only after the order has been accepted that the stock is removed from the stock level.

Regards,

Dave.