upgrading

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM

do you recommend i upgrade my nb store to the newer verson or should i wait? i have alot of traffic so i will only do it if it will be back up and running the same day.

Apr 5, 2010 at 8:37 AM

This all depends on your needs, if your store is working fine and you don;t need any other features then an upgrade may not be needed.  However, having said this, I always like to be on the lastest version.  At the moment the v2.0.11 beta is running on two of my live sites without any issues, so I am thinking about calling it the stable version soon, as I think most of the bugs have been shaken out of it and I can;t see any real show stopper.

If you are going to upgrade, as always I would recommand you make a backup of your DB and your DNN root folder, so it something does go wrong you can revert back.  Also I had an issue with the default product shipping weight disappearing on one of my upgrades, so just make sure you check the shipping settings after the upgrade.

Regards,

Dave.

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:59 PM

what are the new features? and i will upgrade when you call it stable and how would i go about upgrading?

thanks

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:20 AM

It all depends on you current version, if you look at the history.html in the documentaion folder of NB_Store you'll see a list of all the changes for each version.

To upgrade simply install the lastest module using the DNN module import system....(I'd recommend doing a backup before you start!!!...If it's a big jump in versions I sometimes build a test system and first try the upgrade on that.)

Regards,

Dave.