Payment gateway error

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:06 AM

the NB Store has worker perfectly for me for the past 3 months but since yesterday i've been having problems with the check out. everything works perfectly until you press "ORDER" and its has to redirect you to the paypal with the amount they are paying but since yesterday the redirect is not working it shows the Prossesing page but then it sends you to an "about:blank" page

i need help fast because this problem started when i added the new iPad to my catelog and my customers cannot check out.

thanks

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM

i have found that the error is only with windows internet explorer i tried safari , fire fox and google chrome and they all work fine i even went as far as deleting all my cookies history and internet temp files and the error still happens only in internet explorer

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Hi, can you put a link in, or pm it to me so I can check it here?

Regards,
Rob

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM

sure just go to www.pucho.ca and make an order i'll delete it later

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2010 at 2:25 AM

ok, can you use Internet Explorer to visit this page, then copy and paste your user agent string into the thread here. It'll be displayed in red near the top of the page.

http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

Rob

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:32 AM

did the check out work for you or is it just an error on my computer

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; Tablet PC 2.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2010 at 3:47 AM

I'm seeing such issues more often lately, caused by excessively long UA strings in IE, mainly due to repeated .NET updates and the OfficeLive bits. The typical PC with the problem has been running XP for years and has been updated all along the way. Your string is getting pretty long, but it's not causing an error for me here when I test it.

The tool available on this page lets you change your user agent string: http://www.enhanceie.com/ietoys/uapick.asp

You can set your string to one of the defaults and place an order to see if it fixes the problem. You can always reset your string again by copying it from your post above, but it doesn't hurt to have a shorter string.

I was able to place an order and see the paypal payment page with both your string and my own, so you're probably safe to carry on. But get a friend to check the site with IE from elsewhere to be sure.

Let me know if you try a shorter string and it works.

Rob

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:58 AM

but i don't understand my computer is less then 4 months old i bought it for the website its worked perfectly and this problem just started would it have something to do with the fact that its windows 7? and i tried it on my firends computer and it worked but how can i find a fix ?

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2010 at 4:14 AM

If the issue is what I have described, then the fix is on the link I provided above: http://www.enhanceie.com/ietoys/uapick.asp

Use it to change your UA string and if that fixes it, then that's all there is to it.

Let me know if it resolves the issue,
Rob