Category Images

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I need some assistance to understand how Category Images are used.

I have added a image for a particular category. But I don't know where or how this image is used in NB_Store.

My assumption is that it would be seen when displaying products within a category, however I don't see it on the site.

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Hi,

Open up the documentation.html inside the module zip and search it for "Category Menu Tokens". The tokens there are meant to be used in the menu module settings.

Rgards,
Rob

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Rob

Thanks understand the purpose, did read the documentation but some how missed this.

What I was hoping to do was to have a category [message] and have it pick up the category image by way of a [tag], like a templated category heading.

Thanks for your prompt reply

Craig

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Yes, I agree. It makes sense that the category image token should work in other templates, including the category message itself. Dave might have already considered this, so let's wait and see what he says.

Rob

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I've not though about this, but yes your right!  I'll see if I can include a special token in the category message for displaying the category image in the next release.

Regards,

Dave.

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:06 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.