Sorting products by a date

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Hi

I love this module already (only downloaded it today and up and running in no time). I am using it to pull together the dnn events module with the ability to purchase tickets. This is all working fine except when I list the products I am selling (i.e. tickets) I need to sort them by the date of the event. Anyone any ideas - I have tried using the Product ref but it doesn't recognise the date format to sort by.

Any help much appreciated

Thank you

Vicky

Editor
Apr 30, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Vicky

Have you tried the Product Ref as YYYYMMDD, that should sort ok?

Craig

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Edited Apr 30, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Thank you Craig - works perfectly - sometimes the obvious is staring you in the face !!!

I have used the ref in that format to sort by and then used the manufacturer field to display a readable date to the user - perfect

Thank you

Vicky

Editor
May 1, 2010 at 4:27 AM

Hi Vicky

I am please that I could help, don't worry I have spent lots of time looking at the obvious - the good thing is that you have a place to ask questions and many of us are only to happy to help.

I agree with your comments regarding NB_Store, I have found it to be full of well thoughout features that are deployed in a controlled well tested manner, While I can only count the number of upgrades of NB_Store on one hand, they have bee problem free. (however always test in a non production environment first).

We have looked at a wide range of potentially suitable store modules and I must say that we found this one to be the closest to meeting our requirements.

As time permits I would like to offer some assistance to this project, possibly to submit my documentation about NB_Store to assist the community.

Craig

Coordinator
May 1, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the encouragment and any documentation you can pass onto us is more than welcome.

Thanks,

Dave.

May 3, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Vicky,

Can you explain how you're doing ticket sales using the store module? Do you have to have the events module? We're using it for merchandise, but also have two events we want to sell tickets for. We want to allow reservations without payment, or allow the actual purchase of tix. We also want a record of all registrations, including some "under 12 free" because we make nametags. Any thoughts? I am a complete novice at this, so a lot of the vocab here goes right over my head.

Thanks,

Susie

May 4, 2010 at 8:21 AM
Edited May 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Hi Susie

Yes I am using the Events module as well as the NBStore module. The problem that I had was that although you can register and pay for an event using the events module it doesn’t work as a shopping cart and so a customer could only buy tickets for one event at a time. With NBStore I am able to use the custom detail option in the events module to describe the event and add a product (i.e. the tickets)  to that page using NBStore.

I am using the Events module mainly because the client wanted the calendar available for customers to browse, but you may be able to use it to handle your registrations and the NBStore to sell the tickets.

Hope that helps a bit !

Vicky