Placing Order History on DNN User Profile Page

May 1, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Edited May 1, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I have been looking at improving the user experience for a web site and thought that with the new User Profile page in DotNetNuke 5.4.1 which shows user profile and My inbox that this would be an ideal place to put the Order History module.

While you can place the order history module on the User Profile Page, the edit link for each order fails to bring up the order.

I think that the Order History module may need some changes to the resulting edit link to be compatible with the User Profile page.

Kind Regards

Craig

May 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM

hmm.. yes, you're right. I thought I had this working with Active Social in a similar manner, but I hadn't actually tried editing an order yet. The page is behaving like yours is. I'll see what Dave says next time he's on.

Rob

May 1, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Rob

I haven't had a chance to look at the DNN source code yet, but the DNN ViewProfile and  DNN messaging  modules , appear to have some conditions of use, for example if you attempt to place the ViewProfile module on a normal tab is has the warning "This module is only intended for use on a page which is defined as the profile page for the portal."

To me this may mean that the "User Profile" Page has special handling of the query parameters that the Order History Edit link is trying to pass.

In the meantime I have worked around this by creating a hidden page that the user can click on to navigate to view orders, not as nice but still contained within the user profile area.

Cheers

Craig

May 3, 2010 at 8:18 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.