Need some tags of category in product detail template

May 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM

In product template in NBStore, I need to add some fields such as category name of product and category description.

Could you give me name TAG?

--------------------

Best Regards,

HungNavi 

Coordinator
May 10, 2011 at 5:53 AM

hi,

you do have [TAG:CATNAME] and [TAG:CATIMAGEURL].  but no tokens for the category description, but there is the option in the product list module settings to display the category description.

Just be aware that products can exist in multiple categories.

Regards,

Dave.

May 22, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Hi,

Use [TAG:CATNAME] in template product detail , I not still see category name  in product detail yet. 

------------------------

Hung.

Editor
Jul 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Any one else getting this issue using the [TAG:CATNAME] tag and not displaying any data? Product is apart of 3 separate categories.
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Hi Brad,

I think the catname should work on the CatId in the url, are you looking at a particular page with the catid specified in the url?
Editor
Jul 9, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Ahh right trying to display the Category/s on the product LIST page, so at this stage there is nothing specified in the URL that pertains to the ID. Are there any tags that might pull this data out on a list view?
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Trouble is that products can belong to multiple categopries, so we don't know what category to display at that point!!

Have you tried setting a default category for the product list?
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Yes this should work in list view if you have a default category applied to the product list.
Rob
Editor
Jul 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Yes it does work if a default cat is set. Are the any tags that could be used on the list view that show all cat names that the product belongs to?
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2013 at 2:11 AM
No, there's nothing for that. You'd have to use tags or put them in the text somewhere.
Rob
Editor
Jul 10, 2013 at 5:20 AM
Ok I will create a new bespoke field to deal with this (customer imports data rather than does it from the front end). Thanks guys!