Items do not add to shopping cart on iPhone

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Edited Jan 23, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I have version 2.3.4 on DNN 7

I can add items to the cart using Firefox or IE in Windows 8 Pro, or using Kindle Fire.

However, items do not show in the shopping cart using Safari for iPhone 5

I have verified that this issue is not a skin issue (since I changed to default skin) -- just to eliminate a possible cause.

Any tips or settings?

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM

That is likely to be the caching problem Apple introduced in IOS 6.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12506897/is-safari-on-ios-6-caching-ajax-results

Check the demo store site and let me know if it also happens there:

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/

Regards
Rob

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Hi Rob (robax):

I tried with the demo store site, and the issue is the same.  Clicking "buy" does not add the item to the cart.  I also verified what I was doing by using a regular desktop browser (IE 10, which does add the item to the cart).

I don't know enough about IOS 6 and Safari to comment on the Stack Overflow issue.  However, if this issue is the cause, then I would rate the problem as between intermediate to severe since AJAX is central to how many applications and extensions work.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Hi,

I've just tried it on a new iPad and it works OK.   Have you got the latest version of safari?

I think this is a Major slip by Apple, but it does seem to be fixed on the latest verison....I'm not sure if it's the OS or the browser...but you could try updating the browser?

Dave.

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Hi Leedavi

On the iPhone, Safari is part of the IOS, and therefore is updated when IOS is updated.  My IOS is at version 6.0.2 (10A551) which is currently the latest version for iPhone 5.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM

OK..hehe...I only use windows phones :-)

But there's not much we can do about this, the buy button is a .Net control button....I would imaging the phone doesn;t work on a lot of websites!

Dave.