NBStore in C#

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I saw in some discussions that a C# version of NB Store was planned for 2013. What's the planned release date for it? Will it include social media integration and Gift vouchers support?
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM
There is no set date for the release of v3, but I hope we'll get something released in August 2013...or at least that's the date we're aiming for!

Gift vouchers are planned, but at the moment I'm unsure if they will make the first release. I'm not sure what you mean by social media integration, what integration would you want for a store?

Dave.
Apr 23, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Thanks for the info Dave.

By social integration I meant fb like/share for products, comments etc but I guess there might be plugins that can be used with the store. I have seen sites offering discounts on 'share' which might be a good idea as well..
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 4:53 AM
The idea is to get the embed code from the sharing site and place it into your product detail template. You can put it anywhere, but there's also a div at the bottom for the purpose.
Rob
Jul 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Any possibility of placing the C# code here in codeplex, maybe as a different "browse" dropdown (i.e., master, and NB_Store3)?
Jul 26, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I think a share functionality is a must have today. To post embed code into the product template isnt such user friendly. There should be a social media Integration like other shops do.
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Hi,

There is already a project for v3

https://nbrightstore.codeplex.com/

Unfortunately, due to the age old problem of time and workload we've not moved forward very much. We do have some developers on the edge of their seats waiting to help, but I'm afraid they are waiting for me to complete the initial structure before we can split the work into some kind of more professional project plan.

The August 2013 deadline is shot in the water I'm afraid, but it is a project that I'm determined to finish, but what I want at the end is something that can sit next to the likes of Magento and not be found wanting!....so it's important we get the start right.

The code that is on codeplex under the nbrightstore project is the same code I demoed in the European conference and is a little behind the times now.

Dave.
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2013 at 7:12 AM
@faktorx2001 - the whole social media thing is big in the US, but not in Europe and it's a massive amount of code, so it's a bandwagon I'm not willing to jump on and write the code for. Although my thought is to allow the NBrightStore version to link the "Evoq" Social.
Jul 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM
@leedavi Thanks for posting that link. Truly was unaware.

And don't apologize for having a RL :). You guys are doing this for the community, and it's much appreciated. Just let us know when it needs to be tested. You'll have lots of free beta testers for sure. ;)