Payment not verified - Waiting for bank

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Hi I have a big problem with Paypal payment.

On my order process I fill the basket, I press order and I redirect to paypal
(on the back office, i have a new order with Waiting for bank status)
Now I press pay button and I was redirect to my website confirmation page
Now I chek on the back office order list and my order payement status is Payment not verified
(on the oder details the payement method is empty)

Then I think that when I press pay button Pay pall can't call my page and then when I return on the my website confirmation page the system don't find the payment and put the order in Payment not verified status

I check all the configuration docs, and I follow all the steps.

Any one have the same problem?

thanks
Fabio
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM
If you are paying by PayPal as opposed to credit card, check section 16.c of the troubleshooting guide.
It refers to the task beginning at step 11 of the guide.
Regards
Rob
Jul 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Paragraph 16.c:
If you do not specify the IPN URL in your PayPal profile, you will still be able to process credit card payments, but payments made via PayPal accounts may show as "Payment not verified".

The question is: if I have multiple sites, how can I use the same Paypal account?

I think that passing the notifyurl to paypal, it will override the default ipn url set in in my Paypal Profile page, regardless the payment mode used (Credit Card or Paypal balance).

Doesn't it?
Jul 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Anyway I tried to set the default IPN url in my Paypal profile, but the issue still remains.

(To clarify: I have the same problem as rmartin1977)
Jul 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Any idea?
Jul 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Any idea?
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM
hi,

Have you read the readme.txt in the paypal install zip?

It does mention the return url...

<ReturnNotifyURL>http://www.MyWebsite.com/Panier/tabid/56/stg/4/Default.aspx</ReturnNotifyURL>

I must say I've never tried multiple stores using 1 paypal account and I'm not sure it's designed to do it?...even though I did write the provider, I don't use it for any of our client (apart from 1 who doesn't want to move to a bank provider).

Dave.
Jul 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
OK... I found the solution in the Log files.

The problem is not Paypal. Paypal works well.
The IPN url set in the PayPal profile page is only the default one. It can be whatever you want, because NBStore overrides it for each payment request (otherwise why do we have to specify the <ReturnNotifyUrl> in the Paypal settings???!!?!?).
It doesn't matter if you pay by Credit Card or Paypal Account.... IPN works well in both cases.

In the LogFiles I found a very illuminating row which says that I have include the "ordID/[OrderID]/" part in the NotifyUrl, because I have configured more than one Gateway (yes I do). Without this information the system doesn't know which gateway is the selected one and gives up!!

Adding that part to the notyfyUrl makes everything works well, but my question is: why the default configuration misses that part? Including it doesn't throw any error even with PayPal configured as the only Gateway...

Also: the log file isn't so clear... IPN logs are simply the name of the class and this is because the message logged is a ToString() call and NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.PayPalIPNParameters doesn't override the ToString method.... it's quite useless...
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 9:08 AM
OK, thx for posting the answer back.

As for the readme.txt (or default returnurl), this was written before multiple gateways were supported, so it's a legacy problem and should be updated.

What should happen is the paypal gateway should have it's own codeplex project, so things like this are more easily updated, but, as always, time for free projects is always limited and we need to focus on the most important things. The same applies to that useless log error :-)

Regards,
Dave.
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Are you able to confirm and clarify this again briefly... I'd like to update the guide and/or default settings if this works better.

When I originally tested this way back, step 16c in the guide was the result... and therefore one had to specify the IPN in the PayPal profile.
  • You've altered the default returnurl gateway setting. Can you post it here so I can see it exactly as you have it working.
  • Do you still have an IPN specified in the Profile - I'm assuming you can leave that blank now.
  • Does it definitely work correctly for both card and PayPal on-account payments
  • How are the payments from one store distinguishable from others in the PayPal account
And anything else you can add that would help improve the PayPal guide.
Regards
Rob
Jul 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Hi,
don't worry leedavi. Your work is really appreciated. I just want to help you guys to improve this project :-)

So here's my experience:
  • now my ReturnNotifyURL is http://www.example.com/tabid/{mycarttabid}/stg/4/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx
  • If you activate IPN, you must specify a default url. This is because PayPal has to notify every payment, even when you don't specify a notifyurl (for example for manual payment you just can't specify it).
  • I haven't tried a credit card payment (without login to paypal), but my experience with PayPal leads me to think that this kind of payment is treated in the same way. Probably some value in the notification post data or in the verification response could be a bit different (just to let you know that), but the main data (payment status, custom field, etc.) still remain the same.
  • In the NBStore PaypalGateway settings you have to specify a <CartName>. This is shown in the payment details as the item name.
In the section 16.c I'd write to type any desired url, suggesting a default one to avoid confusion for beginners, but keeping clear this is not crucial.
Also because since you change the default configuration with the [ORDERID] tag in the url, you can't simply copy and paste.

Regards,
Matteo
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Thanks Mateo,

I'll put some additional notes about this in the next update to the PayPal guide.
Regards
Rob