NB Store won't work after website change of hosting provider

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Hello, I am having a really hard time with the transfer of my site to Arvixe. I have deployed the site successfully and the site works great except the NB Store module that won't load at all. When I login as a Host, it gives me the following error:

DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'NB_Store_ProductImageLang', database 'TIMOWeb', schema 'dbo'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'NB_Store_ProductImageLang', database 'TIMOWeb', schema 'dbo'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(SqlConnection connection, SqlTransaction transaction, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters, SqlConnectionOwnership connectionOwnership) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.SqlDataProvider.GetNB_Store_Productss(Int32 PortalID, Int32 CategoryID, String Lang, String SearchText, Boolean GetArchived, Boolean FeaturedOnly, String OrderBY, Boolean OrderDESC, Int32 ReturnLimit, Int32 PageIndex, Int32 Pagesize, Boolean SearchDescription, Boolean isDealer, String CategoryList, Boolean ExcludeFeatured) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductController.GetProductList(Int32 PortalID, Int32 CategoryID, String Lang, String SearchText, Boolean GetArchived, Boolean FeaturedOnly, String OrderBY, Boolean OrderDESC, Int32 ReturnLimit, Int32 PageIndex, Int32 Pagesize, Boolean SearchDescription, Boolean isDealer, String CategoryList, Boolean ExcludeFeatured) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductList.populateList(Int32 CatID) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductList.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

The NB Store version is 2.1.7 and the SQL Server version is 2012. The previous hosting provider had SQL Server 2008.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem?
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Hi,

It's a little difficult to know from just looking at the error message. But my guess would be a permissions problem on the 'NB_Store_ProductImageLang', looks like it's expecting the owner of the DB to be dbo. is this the case?.....I'm not convinced this is the answer, because if the db owner was not the same I don't think any of the DNN tables would work???

But try changing the web.config, so your sure you have the DB owner logging in...or at least a SQL user with very high rights to look at the entire DB and see if that work!!

Dave.
Jul 12, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Thanks a lot for your answer Dave! But keep in mind though that html modules DO WORK as well as the login module! If you want to see the site, it is the www.firestuff.gr/default.aspx. It is in Greek (sorry about that) but you can see the NB_Store tab by clicking the second page in the menu.

The problem is that only two modules dont't seem to work. NB_Store and LiveContent. This is really strange and it drives me crazy. It seems that the NB_Store does not recognize that it is installed.
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 8:12 AM
yes, I know...I'm unsure why???...I notice the category menu is working, it seems just to be the productlist...obviously because of the SQL error on the product image table!...hence I'm suggesting to make sure the website login to the SQL with maximum permissions, just to try and identify the issue!
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM
The category menu on the store page seems to be in a mess... when you expand the branches, someone of them are empty.. is that new since the move?

It certainly does look like a db permissions problem.

If this is a shared db server with other clients at a webhost, then they may not be giving you sufficient control. Another possibility is the db may need to run in a compatibility mode for 2008, much like was sometime necessary when moving from 2001 and 2005 to 2008.

If its all your own server then I would try setting up a fresh DNN instance just to see if it works. Maybe throw the store on it. If it's shared and done through a control panel, then that's not going to be so easy though. Depends what access you have to everything.
Rob
Jul 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Yes, the empty menu is new since the transfer. And it is a shared hosting space in Arvixe. The support this time is awful although the last time that I used them they were OK!

Anyway, if you both say so, there is a great possibility that insufficient permissions is the problem, I will try to contact the support and see if they can check this. Thanks guys for the help!
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
One point I can make is that it is very difficult to reliably operate DNN websites on low cost shared hosting, especially if they aren't specifically familiar with it. I know because I suffered through it for a long time.
If you are planning on doing this long term, is worth getting a private account somewhere with desktop access to your own IIS and DB server. There are entry-level VPS options around.
Rob