CONTENT LOCALIZATION ISSUE

Sep 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Hello,
my website is multilingual Italian - english
When try to click on english flag on shop page get this error:
Shop is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductTemplate.AddToRelated_DataBinding(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductList.populateList(Int32 CatID) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductList.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Articles in NBStore module are all multilingual,portal well-translated and language pack installed.
The only issue is with the product list module.
Sometime,when try to click on specific category ,it works. Sometimes not.
There is a way to fix this?=
Thank you!
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Hi,

Just a quick guess by looking at the error message, but it looks like a issue with related products. Maybe something got corrupted somewhere, maybe a delete of a product didn't remove the related one, or something like that. Can you change you related products to make sure they work in the BO for the products that would be displayed.

Also try a store validation from the admin of the BO.

Dave.
Sep 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Hi,
thank you for reply
Tried to validate store and no errors founded.
What do you mean for change related products? Delete and then add again?
Thank you
Rodolfo
Sep 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
hello
make same test and noticed:

when i'm on a product default language link is this:
http://www.modainlinea.us/Shop/tabid/87/ProdID/1/Language/it-IT/CatID/3/Decollet%C3%A9_Capricci.aspx
When click on english flag link is this:
http://www.modainlinea.us/Shop/tabid/93/ProdID/1/CatID/3/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Can be related to the issue?
I'm lost have to fix tis asap
In case can you take a look?
Thanks
Rodolfo
Sep 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Noticed also:
when start to brose catalog in secondary language (english) and then select an article it will return to default language....
Thank you
Sep 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM
When try to enter in store backoffice from not default language and select utilities/settings/tabs
store tabs etc don't show
Maybe there is an issue in the bo
When use default language BO and make some procedurs in settings/tabs, in default language can select properly store tabs etc, when click on english flag and select store tabs page etc, setting in default language goes lost. ...how can i fix this?
Think all this is related to language too
Best regards,
Rodolfo
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM
PM me a login and I'll take a look
Sep 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM
done...thank you! i'm going mad,...
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Ah!... I see you have content Localization on. The problem is that this creates multiple pages for content in different languages and hence your store tabid are all different in different languages and so the error.

NB_Store deals with localization by itself, it's not made to run within the DNN localization. I think you can exclude it from the DNN localization and maybe play around to make sure all the page links are correct, but to be honest I find that more work than setting up 2 websites. So my preferred method is to not enable localization on DNN and then use something like Apollo page localization for the page names.

https://pagelocalization.codeplex.com/

Dave.
Sep 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Hi,
downloaded Apollo page loc.,
Have to unistall CLTools and install Apollo?
Then i proceed to turn of DNN localization?
Thank you
Rodolfo
Sep 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM
In DNN localization left activated englis language (so flags show and user can select) and turn off Content Localization Active? Without press Disable Localized content button?
Thank you for the support...
Rodolfo
Sep 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Hi,
deleted all localized content and disabled Content Localization Active.
In BO setup again tab store checkout etc to same pages.
Still get errors...
How can i proceed?
Thank you
Rodolfo
Sep 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Sep 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I'm restarting from zero...
Suggest me to install only Apollo and English language pack?
Thanks
Rodolfo
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Yes, I think that best, the DNN localization is a little heavy, I'm not sure it sets everything back to zero when you turn it off.
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Exporting products from your old site and importing into your new one should still work.
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Hello
created new website
importe products and settings in nbstore
activate english language (but not localized content so no page created)
Installed Apollo (mm haven't idea of how to use it...)
Now when click on english flag show empty cart.
What i'm missing?
Thanks
Rodolfo
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM
imported products haven't english content
Is it possible to import it?
Used import function on BO...
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM
latest update:
same error when click on english flag....
If you want to take a look...
Rodolfo
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Ah!!...my guess here is that the DNN localization created 2 NB_Store modules, one for each language, so you then had 2 sets of data, instead of 1 set of products data with the 2 languages. I think you'll need to add the English again from the BO!
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Is this a fresh install?
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM
yes its a fresh install
ccategories issue too
Look like iported but wont show...
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Yes it's the data is only half created in 1 language!

http://modainlinea.us/Shop/tabid/86/ProdID/79/language/en-US/Default.aspx

this is a new product I created...it's OK, looks like the bad news is you'll need to create all the products again......good news is you've learned the important lesson of not using DNN localization unless you have too :-).
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Last question...
every product tryt o buy show "this needs special delivery"...depends on what?
Thanks
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
imported again and now all data appears again!
checked all and seems to work, only one thing when press buy on article get error:
A critical error has occurred. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM
it's papypal gateway
was bad imported and it's blank
need template to past & copy...
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM
You need to setup shipping to remove that message.

It's your data, it's corrupt!!...you'll need to start again from fresh, don't import that data, there is something wrong with it!

Read the gateway readme.txt, have a look in the documentation pages.

Also, can you please start a new thread for any unrelated questions.
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM
done paypal restored
but still get exception when browse to checkout page and try to buy
Sep 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM
cant set checkout tab in BO
Lost automatically setting value.
Tried several times but no luck...
definitely lost in here....
Can you please take a look?
Thnaks
Rodolfo
Sep 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM
trie4d to delete page no luck
reinstalled module no lick
Still get
http://modainlinea.us/Default.aspx?tabid=92&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0

now all data are clean....
There is way to fix this last one?
Thank you
Rodolfo
Sep 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Now it works haven't idea why

Paypal image in checkout don't show (all paypal settings are correct) and if i try to press button get this error:
ModaInLinea - Checkout is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPayPal.StringListReplace(String value, String searchfor, String replacewith) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPayPal.PayPalEncode(String value) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPayPal.SetBankRemotePost(Int32 PortalID, Int32 OrderID, String Lang, HttpRequest Request) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayWrapper.SetBankRemotePost(Int32 PortalID, Int32 OrderID, String Lang, HttpRequest Request) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.CheckOut.GatewayRedirect() at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.CheckOut.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace --

Think once resolved this i'm done...
there is a way to fix this?sorry for all these questions but i'm in a hurry...
Thanks
Sep 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Still special delivery issue

Tried to delete all store settings and import again except ship templates and paypal
Hope can be fixed, have,'t the time to reinsert again all data. have to be fixed until 2 days.-...
Hope you have a clue...
Thank you for amazing support
Best regards,
Rodolfo
Sep 11, 2013 at 6:29 PM
start new thread as you suggest ...
Sep 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Hello,
fixed paypal issue.seem stable.
Otherwise, now in cart when switch language get:
Error: ModaInLinea - Shop is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductTemplate.VisibleMode_DataBinding(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductList.populateSP(Int32 ProdID) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductList.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Where i'm wrong?catalog it's ok,all seems ok...
Thank you
Rodolfo
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Hi Rodolfo,

I'm afraid this looks like you data is screwed!! It's impossible to be sure without debugging the error and working through all the code to find out what's happening.

It might look OK, but it look like something is missing somewhere (probably language records on the model). You could try the store validation button under admin and cross your fingers that that does a check for whatever your missing. But I think the only sure way your going to get it working is to re-input the products manually.

Dave.