Currency Issues

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Hi there

just started using your module and while a few things stumped me to start with it seems to be working now, the only problem is that on the cart page the prices seem to come out in $ not £, i'm making a site for a UK company.

Any clues what i'm doing wrong?

I have an en-GB language pack installed, but still no luck

Cheers

Jonathan
Feb 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2009 at 3:13 PM
I'm having the opposite issue.  I have my site set to en-US and on the product list page it shows the price and then a Euro symbol. On the product detail page it shows "prix : 8.00" and then the Euro symbol (it should say price: $8.00).  On the drop down list for the 2 versions I have of the product it correctly shows the $ dollar symbol and on the cart pages it correctly shows the dollar symbol.

Other than that I love the cart so far. Although I am just now beginning with it.

Thanks,

Randall
Feb 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM
ahh thats easy

the € symbol is in the template.

The give awy for that was how it says prix - frnch for price if my GCSE french serves me right.

and I fixed my own problem

i was logged in with the superuser account the default language for it was en-US.

so all in i did this

1. Downloaded the en-GB language pack
2. Set the Site to use en-GB
3. Set the user to use en-GB 

now it works and shows £ on the cart

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM
That was easy!

Thank you very much.

Randall
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM
OK!  I love these discussions that solve themselves without me helping... Thanks.  And I'm glad you like the store, please pass me any feedback you have, good or bad, it all helps to improve the next version.
Regards,
Dave.