Adding a checkbox during checkout, is it allowed?

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Hello,
I want to make users accept ToS during checkout process.

So I thought adding an extra checkbox and a rfvalidator on the checkout template - similarly to adding a custom field but without databind property - would do the work but it didn't. Instead i got
System.Web.HttpException: Control 'chkAcceptTerms' referenced by the ControlToValidate property of 'valChkAcceptTerms' cannot be validated.
So it seems that a checkbox cannot be validated by a rfvalidator but it requires a custom validator. Can you please help?

Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Uncomment the code in stg3form.template and read the help text below the text box.
Regards
ROb
Dec 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Rob Thanks, it appears that I have an outdated version and stgXXX are empty. I will try the update first.
Thanks again!
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2013 at 5:25 AM
ok, the problem is in the way the store doesn't overwrite any of your existing setting or templates when an upgrade is applied. So even if you upgrade to the latest version, the stg3form.template will still be your old one.

Have a read of this page to understand what's happening, and then you can refer to the instructions at the end of the page to reset a single template. You might also want to upgrade other items, depending on how much you have modified... e.g. the stylesheet.css and list and details templates.

It also depends on how old your store is.. there have been plenty of updates to the templates over time.

https://nbstore.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Reset%20and%20upgrade%20your%20configuration&referringTitle=Documentation

Regards
Rob