how to discount

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:00 AM
Hello! Is there a way in the current implementation for discounting products? E.g. if someone buys more than 10 pcs up to 99 the price is lowerd by 10%, more than 100 means an discount of 18% etc.
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM
I'm currently devloping the functionality to do this and it should be released in version 1.2.  If you can't wait for this, then the only way is to do discounts is to create different model types or products for each range of products and set this pricing according and perhaps use the options to select the quantities and hence add diffent values for different optioned added.   Sorry I know this is far from ideal and I need this functionality as well, so I am trying to get the discount functionality out ASAP.

Regards,
Dave.
Jun 16, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Hi there,

Could you please tell us if this functionality ever released? We are on version 02.00.12. We are trying to set up our products so 1-99 is one price, 100-249 is another price, 250-500 another and so on. For a different product, the quantities are 1, 2-4, 5-10. It does not seem possible to set this up using product options (because the user can choose the 100-249 option, but only order a quantity of 10, for example. Nor can we set this up using Cart Discounts, as different products have different quantity ranges. Is there a way of doing this?

Thank you in advance!

Keith

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Hi Keith,

I thyink you should be able to do this with the category discounts....

1 - Setup a special hidden category for each product discount range...

2 - Place each product into the relative category.

3 - Create a discount rule for each category.

I think this will give you the results your after, but if you have a lot of products with a lot of different product ranges then it could be quite some work to setup.

Regards.

Dave.

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:27 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Dear Dave,

First of all thank you very much for your prompt reply, it is most appreciated! In fact your support has been better than that of paid products.

Regarding the category discounts, we have setup products and categories as follows:

“Product A 1-9” in “Category A 1-9” no discount

“Product A 10-24” in “Category A 10-24” 10% discount

“Product A 25-50” in “Category A 25-50” 20% discount

However, people can still choose to buy “Product A 25-50” and choose the quantity of 1, thereby receiving the undeserved 20% discount on the 1 unit they bought.

Have I misunderstood your answer perhaps?

Again, thank you so much for your response!

Take care and have a great day!

Keith