Question about Product Options

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM
Dave,

Chuck here again :-)

As you can probably tell I see a great potential in NB_Store.  Due to the issues with 01.01.05 beta I'm back evaluating the current release.  I have read through the documentation again looking for anwers to my questions but didn't find what I was looking for.

I have setup some categories and products.  On some of the products I have setup product options and models.  When attempting to order the products with options and models, the options and models do not appear on the Product List or the Product details.  Do I have to customize the templates in order for them to become visible?  Also you are the options selected?  I anticipated some logic in the program that would automatically prompt for selection of a model and options either in the details screen or when you go to the chaeckout screen.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
Chuck 
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2009 at 11:17 PM
Hi Chuck,

I had the same problem as well at first, and yes, you'll need to make a template to suit your purposes and include the tokens you want it to show. It's easy enough to do and the results will be exactly what you want. On the templates screen you can add a new template for both the list and details views and then have a look at the tokens in the documentation. The models and options show up when they are present in the data and you can add any number of tokens like options and images by adding incrementing numbers on the end. Look at the default templates for examples.

The checkout screen will even include which option the buyer selected - Dave isn't missing a thing in this :)

Rob
Apr 2, 2009 at 5:17 PM
Thanks Rob!

That's what I was thinking but just wanted to check before going down that road.