Product price dislpayed in another HTML module

Mar 4 at 10:58 AM
Hi,
as i wrote, i would display the product price, in another HTML module (on another page) in addition to the store area, to create a sort of dynamic table eg: like a product dedicated page.
I wanna know if it's possible, and if i can take some (and what) part of javascript code from the store module.

Thanks
Andrea
Coordinator
Mar 4 at 12:52 PM
It's technically possible by using the XmlConnector to make a ajax call, and setting up the required feeder.settings and reports. But I don't think any examples exist for it. You'll need to review the code for the XmlConnector and trace what you need to setup.
Mar 4 at 2:02 PM
Well, in this case i don't know where to start. First cause i don't know where i can find the XmlConnector, and after cause i don't know how make an ajax call.
I thinked to (maybe i'm saying a giant bullshit) give the same div class, in my case "price" to another div and copy/paste some javascript code to assign it the price value.
Like i saw in the original store module, (except for the javascript part) cause i didn't understand witch part of the code assign that value.
but, repeat, maybe i'm mading a big mistake.
Coordinator
Mar 4 at 11:59 PM
I don't know what you're really trying to do, but the product list module uses templates for list and details views and there are tokens for the price... couldn't you just make a custom details template to suit your needs for the other page?
Rob
Mar 5 at 8:52 AM
What i need to do is:
I've got a product in nb store, the same product has a dedicated page on the site.
Now, i would like to link the price, description ecc....some fields, of the product page in nb store, to a table that is shown in the dedicated page of the product.
So i don't have to apply changes manually everytime.
Coordinator
Mar 5 at 9:20 AM
It sounds like you could do like I suggested.. create a custom store template that shows what you want.. e.g. the table, and use the product list module with that template applied as the details template, to display just that one product on the other page. The content you decide to put in the template would then be up to date.

Otherwise, there are other modules around that are designed to display data directly from the database.. e.g. Onyaktech's Dataviewer or Datasprings' Tailored Text.
Regards
Rob
Mar 5 at 9:44 AM
Ok, i'll try to do as you suggest.
Thnask for the answer, have a nice day.

Andrea