PayPal gateway

May 19, 2009 at 6:12 AM

Hi,

I've tried to set up the PayPal gateway...

First: when I click the PayPal button in the checkOut page, the progress-gif is missing, and I cant find it anywhere...

Second: When the PayPal payment page is opened it doesn't have any of the buyers info filled in...why?

regards

Jon

Coordinator
May 19, 2009 at 6:53 AM

HI Jon,

1. In the Utilies>Settings menu you'll find a settings called "gateway.loadimage", this is where you should specify the loading gif.  It does default to something (Can't remeber what, but usually this is OK!) Obviously you need to look at the and check the paths.

2. The paypal provider simply sends the basic cost information to paypal , not any details of the purchase or customer.  The idea is to set Paypal up as a standard payment gateway, nothing else.  The price should be displayed in paypal and the customer should be given th option of paying.  In you want more than this then you'll have to expand the paypal gateway yourself.

-------- Code used to build the paypal url  -----------------------------------------------

payPalURL += "?business=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(PayPalID)
                        payPalURL += "&item_name=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(PayPalCartName)
                        payPalURL += "&item_number=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(oInfo.OrderID.ToString)
                        payPalURL += "&quantity=1"
                        payPalURL += "&custom=" & GetCurrentCulture()
                        payPalURL += "&amount=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(Replace(oInfo.CartTotal.ToString("0.00"), ",", "."))
                        payPalURL += "&shipping=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(Replace(oInfo.ShippingCost.ToString("0.00"), ",", "."))
                        payPalURL += "&tax=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(Replace(oInfo.AppliedTax.ToString("0.00"), ",", "."))
                        payPalURL += "&currency_code=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(PayPalCurrency)
                        payPalURL += "&bn=" & HTTPPOSTEncode("NB_Store")
                        payPalURL += "&return=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(returnURL)
                        payPalURL += "&cancel_return=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(cancelURL)
                        payPalURL += "&notify_url=" & HTTPPOSTEncode(notifyURL)
                        payPalURL += "&undefined_quantity=0&no_note=1&no_shipping=1"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Dave.

May 19, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Thanks for the answeres...

1. In the config the setting is /images/progressbar.gif. But I cant find this gif anywhere in the zip file either.

2. I'll test and test :-)

Regards

Jon

Coordinator
May 19, 2009 at 12:37 PM

/images/progressbar.gif is referencing the default DNN animated gif in the root/images folder.

You'll find it in there. Or you can change it per portal to one of your own with something like /Portals/(portalnumber)/image.gif

Regards,

Rob

Coordinator
May 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Hi,

The image path is pointing to the images folder for DNN not the NB_Store.  Have a look in the DNN images folder.  Are you using DNN5? It could be DNN5 doesn't have this gif anymore.  But you can point it to any image you like, remmeber the path is from the installation root, not the portal or module root.

Regards,

Dave.

May 19, 2009 at 12:44 PM

THANKS!

:-)