Catalog vs Order status

May 25, 2009 at 9:29 AM

eCatalog status for anymous users without ordering options.
When using eCommerce ordering options appears when user is registered, otherwise
eCommerce status is eCatalog without ordering options for productlists.
Any plans?

Regards,

Markku

Coordinator
May 26, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Hi Merkku,

I'm a bit unsure of what you mean.  Could you explain  some more please?

However if you mean allowing users to click the order button without registering, you need to go into the checkout module settings and selected the option "Allow Non-User Order".

Regards,

Dave.

May 26, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Basicly it is in question of views of eCommerce without addtocard -button.
i've now used options to choose products and then i use addtocard button, but
when you are printing the product site there is this addtocard- button. Surely it should be hidden,
when you are printing something. When using site for advertising, this button should be hidden,
and options should have only label. i mean input filelds should be hidden in Catalog view and
in Order view you have those input filelds. Using this Catalog view your have now professional looking
product site which you can print for example in pdf format and send it your customer or advertising company
to print broschures. when printing those product sites (html to pdf) looks so good than ever. 
You have then a whole package of ads (flash supported), labels, text  all-in-one site.
Nice to upgrade and nice to use.

Regards,

Markku

Coordinator
May 26, 2009 at 10:42 AM

You can hide the options and  "add to cart" button by editing the templates.

May 30, 2009 at 5:14 PM

However if you mean allowing users to click the order button without registering, you need to go into the checkout module settings and selected the option "Allow Non-User Order".

I cannot get the "allow non-user order" feature to work. I have checked, and literally re-checked this item logged in as the portal HOST account, and when I re-enter the settings I see the check mark, however, my cart repeatedly shows the template that requires a login or registration.

When I login, the cart option shows my user defaults (however there's an issue with User's Profile UNIT being used instead of STREET, and requiring STREET to be placed in UNIT text input field "STREET IS REQUIRED" message gets thrown), and does go so far as to call up paypal...

Could this be related to the cookie/cache cart issue when re-entering a site with an incompleted order?

Where are TOKENs set?

Coordinator
May 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Hi dbs,

What you need to do in order to get non-users to login is 1 of two thing:

1. in the checkout settings there is also an option to not display the login messge. Check this also.

2. If you want to give the option of registering the leave the register meassage displaying and add the [TAG:SKIPLOGIN] (I think? check the docs for the correct token) token to the message template.

The address problem is because the unit text is meaningless in Eurpoe, unless your company works in a industrial park, but also the DNN address is missing an extra street line, so I've mapped the unit to the street.  Not Ideal I know, but the best I could do with the situation.

In v1.1.6 (Beta2) I've also added a minimum validation option which the only checks for a correct email address.

Regards,

Dave.

May 31, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Thank you! I had missed the "Disable Login Message" checkbox, and it's now just what I want, so that I don't need to use the token setting.

So if I understand correctly, I can over-ride or change any token by simply adding the token to the template via the editor.

Thanks for all your help. NB_Store has so far met all my requirements, and seems like a nice, elegant solution to an E-store.