Cash Sales

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Hi there

I was wondering if there is anyway to do "Cash Sales" or sales that do NOT require a user to be logged in.

One other system I looked at created a default user in DNN - it was called 'Cash Sale' and the system new the username/password so it could auto log in as that user.

At the checkout there was an option to;

1. Express checkout requiring no registration (although name and address was still captured for credit card/shipping etc, but no user account was created and the cash sale account was used by default)

2. Checkout and create a new registration

3. Login to existing account

If the user picked option 1, the sale was allocated to the Registered User Account "Cash Sale"

A lot of people do not want to create an account especiallly for once of shopping purchases - like music, videos etc.

some people find it annoying to have to remember their user name.

another option might be to collect their email address at checkout and then search DNN for an account or previous sale with the same email and then prompt to login or simply prompt if the user wants to be remebered.  Not all sales need to be registered users on DNN...

It's just a thought....

Good luck wih program...

peter

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Hi Peter,

NB_Store allows this right out of the box, and it doesn't need to use a dummy account for the purpose.

In the checkout module settings, enable the "Allow non-user order" option and "Disable the login message". This enables purchasing without an account. Then simply add a text module to the checkout page with links to registration and sign-in pages. You could rearrange this and create a page prior to the checkout and display the three options you've listed. You cna set it up in many ways.

Anonymous purchasing serves up a form to gather identity and delivery address details, and the site owner can review this in the order manager.

Regards,
Rob

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Thanks Rob, that worked great, (sorry I missed the setup option when I went looking for it....!)