Downloadable Products

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Hi There

I was wondering if there is any way to setup downloadable products after a successful checkout in NB_Store.

Some options might be

1. No freight charges or handling charges
2. Set days to get download - by product or as system configuration option
3. Email a link and notification on where the file can be download from and how long they have to do it.

Thanks

Peter

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Hi Peter,

I haven't yet tried it out myself, but downloadable products were added in a recent release. Check the documentation.html that is in the PA rather than the one on CodePlex. Search it for references to [TAG:DOCPURCHASED]

There's a note stating: "The links to download will only appear when the user has orders in the their order history on status "Payment OK" or "Closed", if the order is on any other status the link will not be displayed."

1. For the shipping I'd guess just set zero shipping for that product or category.
  2. I agree that there should be some sort of limiting factor for the downloads. Either by download count or by days, with the ability for the manager to reset it for a repeat in case of problems or a re-release of the software item in question. I'm also unsure whether the downloads are secured in some way or if they can be accessed by anyone who knows the direct link. I'll need to check that.
  3. At this point you'd need to include instructions to visit the product page in one of the order emails... payment ok or closed. It'd be handy of the links could be included in the email if there was a downloadable product purchased.

I'm also assuming that one cannot sell downloadable items to people who have not created an account? Dave will know more.

Rob

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Thanks for the super fast response.....

I downloaded my PA file yesterday but it does not have a reference to [TAG:DOCPURCHASED] it does have [TAG:DOCx] which i thought was the icon to a document included in the product file (ie a free support file or a long product description or a brochure etc ) but not the product it'self.

Yep, I'm a little confused, but I will play around with it and report back here if I can get it to work. Thanks for your help so far.

Pete

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Ok, let's wait until Dave has had a chance to read this, because I'm unsure which release actually has the feature in it.

Rob

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2009 at 8:18 AM

HI,

The Downloadable products are only in v1.1.6 beta2, you'll have to download that version to use downloadable products.

Dave.

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Thanks Guys. I will try the Beta and report back to you all.

Cheers

Peter