css option for productlist

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:22 AM

i've tested product insert and find out that if you change productref   or productname
first of the model ref or model name is not updated correctly.

Secondly if i use two products (two colums layout)  are separated with white space. How could i change this?
Thre is no css option to change background color etc.
Is productlist separator html option for this case and what kind of html code you should be used and in which
directory this should be lying on. Also could you give an example of this code if possible.

Regards,

Markku

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Hi Marku,

The product and models arre designed to work like this, when you first create the product the model is created and uses the product name & ref.  After that the model and the product are updated independantly, this is so you can have multiple models with different names and refs.

On the white space with the columns, Are you seeing a single pixel?  I've just talk to our web designer and he's pointed out that the product list table doesn't specifiy and cellpadding, therefore it defaults to "1".   This could be you problem, in which case I can look at putting in a fix for this on the next release.

Regards,

Dave.

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM

thank's for replying, correct but if the first model ref  is referring to main product,
it has to be set price and stock also available and that is the first one. i've
handled earlier product structures and i see that
 the productref and productname are like labeling the productgroup with diffrent models and options.
otherwise i don't see any difference between category of product and productgroup itself.
Secondly  when you have only one option value for each options.
It could be easier and faster to list all those option values like options itself to be updated for
if you have only one option value per option available. When this possibility could be available or not.

Thank's anyway

Markku

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:47 AM

I see your point, but I do want to have as much flexability as possible in the entry of products.  However I'll make a note of your comments and give it some consideration for version 1.3, in which we hope to improve the overall usability.

Also is the cellpadding the problem your having with the white space between products?

Thanks,

Dave.

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:55 AM

you got right. when planning to use productlist as two or three columns  (with no borders) layout
or  printing productlists it could be nice to have your layout without no white space separating those items
as true catalog layout  space without white barriers. Then all looks great.
Also I tried to use embeded flash but it was hazardous with lightbox effect.
Are there any possibility to make it  functioning as background object.
Do you have experienced with that.

Regards,

Markku

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Hi Marku,

I'll set the cellpadding top "0" in the next version.

For the flash try using

wmode="transparent"

as a parameter for your flash, it should render in the background then.

Regards,

Dave.

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM

it worked! excellent! And next version will be launched?

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I can let you have an v1.1.7 Alpha version by the end of the week, and hopefully I'll release the v1.1.7 Beta  on codeplex sometime next week.

If you want a copy of the Alpha release contact me through codeplex and I'll attach the version to a reply email when I've finished it.