Problem when upload image

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I'm using NB_Store 1.1.0 beta 2, when I built my site with my office's computer (running MS Server 2003) it's looked cool when upload image for products, then I copied all (website and database) to my home PC (XPSP2), all images disappear, I remove all product's images and re-upload but image can't load to ~/Portals/0/productimages, it's only in ~/Portals/0/temp folder (if copy image from temp to productimages folder, image display well).

Can U help me?

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I think there may be 2 issues here

1. What you move a website the image folder often is not then same, so the images don't appear, what you need to do is go into the Host menu in the Back Office and click on "Do Store Validate"  this should hightlight the image problems, then run it again with "Fix Errors" checked and the image paths in the DB should be re-aligned.

2.  If the copy from the temp folder is not working, this looks more like a permissions issue, check the folder permissions in DNN and on the PC. (someone else reported the same problem, can't remember the solution, have a search of the discussions)

Let me know how you get on, if this dioesn't solve it we'll have to think of what else it could be.

Regards,

Dave.

(P.S. look into upgrading to the latest release, I'm going to make v1.1.6 stable soon.)

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2009 at 9:22 PM

thank for your hints.

I think my problem is your issue 2, can't copy from temp/ to productimages/, i'll check it again, although i checked it before, in my PC ASP.NET has full permission and in DNN all user can view and edit productimages folder.

I have NB_Store v1.1.5 but speak the truth, i prefer store manager than back office.

Jun 13, 2009 at 7:53 AM
Edited Jun 13, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Oh, Dave, I think I 've found my problem, at first I think it's on permission but then I copy website to another folder (same partition) and re-point virtual directory on IIS, my website runs properly, all images upload well, then I repeat it many times and recognize that if my website is in a folder with space in folder name (ie. "ABC DEF") it causes problem with images, if rename parent folder to "ABC_DEF", it works properly. I 've not seen NB_Store code but I think there 're some issues when copy image from temp/ to productimages/ if the location to site has folder name with space.

Thanks for your help.

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

OK Thanks for that, I think that the space issue could be a possiblity, I'll create a work item for this.

Thanks,

P.S.  The old Store manager module just didn't allow flexability for future improvements and growth.....plus it was ugly as sin!!

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.