Image Path

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:45 PM

I am using the 1.1.7 Alpha Version. 

• I keep having issues with the display of product images.  There will not be an image displayed in the 'productlist'  and the 'detailed list' templates.....it is replaces by a rectangular field marked with a red X.  But when you ckick on that X in the detail page, it opens the actual image as an overlay.  I keep reloading the images but the link path, or something, breaks again in a few days.
  • Everytime I edit some products and update the page and then go back to the 'add product' page and would notice that a new 'model' get created and sometimes 2-3 models are created.
  • What does the 'ordershipdates.days' settings template for?
  • What does 'purgecartmins' do and its setup?

Looking forward to a reply

Thanks Guys

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:49 AM

Hi, Ade,

"ordershipdates.day" allows you to specify an estimate of how many days it will take to ship the order, the calcualted date can then be displayed on the checkout. (Can't remember the token needed, but it should be in the docs).

"purgecartmins" sets the time before all carts in the portal are removed, usually this doesn't need changing and is setup to 1 week.  But if some some reason you need to clear the carts down often you can use this.

The issue with the image, It sounds like you've got some kind of problem runnig the image thumbnail resizer.  I've not seen this before.
Does the image work OK after you've first loaded it?, but them after a time it disappears?

Also on the add product, I'm unsure what's happening here, I've never seen this before.

Have you got a test site where this is happening that I can have a look at?

Also I've got a new alpha version with a couple of fixes (Not the ones you've mentioned here!), I'll send you a copy and you can try that as a first step!

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I am not clear about how the image file management works. I've been rebuilding my store on a hosted server, and although I had originally moved a directory of product images over, I seem to have to re-upload each one to get it properly linked. When I do the upload option from the "add product" interface, the image is being correctly uploaded and linked to the product, however it seems to be placed in the /portals/0/ directory (not /productimages/  ) and it apparently gets a new name - some randomly (?) generated number as the file name.jpg. Anyway, I certainly don't want to lose the image file name, and it would be nice if I could point to any image rather than having to upload from the local pc and getting a new file name.

It's most likely that I'm confused, and I suspect that I haven't set up something correctly, so please help. I'm running DNN v4.9.2 with NB_Store v1.1.6. Thanks!

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Correction - the files ARE going into the /productimages/ directory - just with new, numeric names.jpg . Sorry.

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Hi dbs,

When you move a DNN imstallation all the directory links change, but this is not updated in the DB, therefore you need to run run the store validation in the backoffice/Host(Admin) menu.

If you click fix, then the urls in the DB should be re-alined to the correct ones.

Regards,
Dave.