Emails Issues - Order Validated, Order Shipped etc.

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I can't get any of the confirmation emails to go out or the Administration emails.  I have tested the site email logic using the core feedback and I get those just fine.  I have changed the emails in the setting and looked every place I could think of for some other Setup info related to emails.  Do you have any idea what might cause the emails to not be sent?

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Hi,

Strange, usually when the DNN core emails are working OK the store works fine, because it uses the same DNN sendemail function.

The only thing I can think to tpo make sure you've gone into the Store settings Backoffice>utilties>settings and setup

"merchant.email"

"store.email"

These settings hould be setup to the required email address, and of cource make sure the email address work!

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Hi There,

I hope someone can help as I have very similar issue to the one above that seems not to make any sense to me.

I have a very strange one indeed. I got the store working perfectly, Payments, ReturnURL, IPN etc, no issues. However, dispite my best efforts I am unable to send customer mails. The most bizarre part of it is, that I AM Getting all the Admin mails. It's just that the customer ones aren't going out. The SMTP settings for the host are correct as I have run tests and of course, I'm getting the store admin mails.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before? I am including my store settings below in case I did something incorrectly. I've posted my settings here in case I have done something obvious wrong.

administrator.email = DenisFinnegan@Gmail.com
 cheque.provider = NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayCheque,NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayCheque
 chqpayment.emailsubject = Confirmation of Order - [Order:OrderNumber]
 country.list = Ireland,United Kingdom,Europe,United States,International
 gateway.loadimage = /images/progressbar.gif
 gateway.provider = NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayPayPal,NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.Gateway.GatewayPayPal
 image.resize = 450
 manager.role = Manager
 managerlite.role = ManagerLite
 merchant.culture = en-IE
 merchant.email = Info@KenmareLace.ie
 ordershipdate.days = 0
 ordershipped.emailsubject = Order dispatched - [Order:OrderNumber]
 ordersreport.subject = Orders Report
 ordersreport.xsl = /Desktopmodules/NB_Store/ordersreport_ie.xsl
 ordervalidated.emailsubject = Order Validated - [Order:OrderNumber]
 paymentOK.emailsubject = Confirmation of Order - [Order:OrderNumber]
 paymentunverified.emailsubject = Confirmation of Order - [Order:OrderNumber]
 PayPal.gateway = I can list this separately if needed but no point pasting it here
 product.limit = 1000
 productlite.limit = 30
 settings.overwrite = 1
 SIPS.exepath = Not using SIPS
 SIPS.gateway = Not using SIPS
 store.email = Info@KenmareLace.ie
 version = 01.01.06

Thank you guys. Denis

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Hi Dennis,

The customer emails should goto the user email address, make sure your user emails are valid.  All the settings I can see here seem OK.

Does the user get emails when they ask for a email reminder?

I've not heared of anyone complaining about this kind of problem before, usually once the admin and store merchant emails are working the user emails are OK as well.

Regards,

Dave.

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Hi Dave,

The email addresses are definately valid. Not sure what you mean by an email reminder but something I forgot to mention is that I'm using payment without registration so the customers do not have an account on the site. Does the customer need to have a registered account with an associated email address or should it work regardless if they enter the correct email address in the billing information?

Thanks for getting back to me on this, apart from this small issue I'm having the store is fantastic..

Regards,

Denis.

Sep 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Hi Dave,

Should the Merchant.email address be getting the emails with the subject "Confirmation of Order 00-000etc..." and the content saying

"We have recevied your order.

Thank you.

Order Number: etc"

Because that is what is comming in to the store account. it just seems that given the 1st line there "we have received your order" maybe I have something setup incorrectly and the merchant address is getting the customer emails.

any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Denis.

Sep 8, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I'm not sure whats going on but I changed it to my gmail address and hey presto!

I then change it back to @kenmarelace.ie and just changed the info@ bit to NoReply and it worked. Weird eh! Persistance pays off I guess, thanks for all your help anyways.

cheers.

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Hi Denis,

The email is the same one as is sent to the customer. I don't believe there is a separate one for merchants, but Dave might know better.

Rob

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2009 at 4:29 AM

I've just looked at the code to check and Rob is right (with the pay by cheque provider), the same email "chqpayment.email" is sent to both manager and client.

I've also checked which client email is used and first it tries to use the one entered by the client during the order process, if this is not there then the user email address is used.  So in you case I would expect it to send the email to the email address entered during checkout.

Dave.

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Hi Dave, et al:

I don't seem to be getting my emails for any PayPal transactions - even those that are canceled. The Pay By Check email is working great, and I wonder whether I should expect to see the same kind of detailed, itemized email content when a user chooses to pay by credit card via PayPal (definitely what my client would like to see).

The Paypal account is a Business account with IPN On, and Paypal's return URL field:     http://www.mystore/Cart/tabid/91/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=RETURN

I get to the merchant's paypal with the correct dollar amount, and a PayPal email with general total dollar amount is received by the buyer (not the nice, NBStore's detailed purchased product list). The merchant isn't getting any emails - despite having the administrator.email, merchant.email and store.email all set properly. Also, the user isn't automatically redirected back to the Store's cart - which means a user can close the browser without ever returning to the shop and confirming (or not) the transaction.

My Paypal.gateway template is (with "mystore" substituting the actual store's info):

<root>
<paymentURL>https://www.paypal.com/xclick</paymentURL>
<verifyURL>https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr </verifyURL>
<PayPalID>mystore@mystore.com </PayPalID>
<CartName>Cart </CartName>
<ButtonImageURL>http://www.mystore/Desktopmodules/NB_Store/img/paypal60x38.gif </ButtonImageURL>
<Currency>USD</Currency>
<ReturnURL>http://www.mystore/Cart/tabid/91/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=RETURN </ReturnURL>
<ReturnCancelURL>http://www.mystore/Cart/tabid/91/stg/5/ordID/[ORDERID]/Default.aspx?PayPalExit=CANCEL </ReturnCancelURL>
<ReturnNotifyURL>http://www.mystore/Cart/tabid/91/stg/4/Default.aspx </ReturnNotifyURL>
<MerchantLanguage>en</MerchantLanguage>
</root>

I appreciate any help out there!

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Hi dbs,

NB_Store should be sending the same email it send for cheques. (No email is sent for cancelled ordered).

My first guess is that the IPN in paypal is not working or setup, check the IPN url is the same as in the xml "ReturnNotifyURL".

However if the paypal IPN is not setup then it should send an email when it returns to NB_Store.  AFAIK paypal doesn't automatically return to the store, hence the need for the IPN.

What status do the orders stay in?  "Waiting for Bank" or "payment OK"?

Regards,

Dave.

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Ok, thanks. I had set the paypal IPN to the ReturnURL, not ReturnNotifyURL, so I'll change that, run another test, and post my result.

The status the orders stay in is "Waiting for Bank".

What is "AFAIK" paypal? Am I right to expect an automatic redirect from PayPal back to the merchant website's cart (or better yet, the similar text when pay-by-check: itemized purchase list) upon confirmation of payment?

Thanks for your great and super-fast help - as per usual! :)

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 1:34 PM

The "Waiting for Bank" seems to indicate the IPN is not working, it must be set to the return notify.

"AFAIK" - As Far As I Know.

On my sites I have it setup so the client must click return to store before they are actually returned, when they are they'll get the same message as  the cheque provider gives.

Regards,

Dave.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM

The result is that I get to a PayPal "Thank you for your payment" page where it shows the purchase, and provides a button to click on to "Return to xxx" where xxx=my merchant store. This would allow someone to close the browser without automatically returning to the site and getting any purchase verification.

Question: do I need to install the 2 scheduler processes on my nb-store side? If so, where/how?

Finally, I found in Paypal documentation the PDT (Payment Data Transfer) which I think does what I want. This is an excerpt of the Paypal documentation:

1. After finishing the payment on PayPal, the customer is automatically redirected to your page.
  2. PayPal sends a GET request to your page. If your URL contains a query string, PayPal will append parameters to the URL.
  3. You post a form to PayPal with cmd=_notify-synch, the tx token you received in the query string and the at token in your account profile when you turned on PDT.Code:

Paypal recommends the IPN with PDT methods used together. Does anyone have any experience with this from within NB_Store?

By the way, I'm happy to see that orders that I thought were good (according to paypal) have been removed from nb-store as there was no confirmation (my return wasn't working, yet).

Thanks for your help!

PayPal sends a GET request to your page. If your URL contains a query string, PayPal will append parameters to the URL.
Sep 29, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Thanks for all your patience and help!

My problem was in my modifying the wrong templates - english vs. default. Argh - my stupidity!

Anyway, I now have the emails that I expect from NBStore, the IPN is working great, and the client is thrilled (me too :). I will look into the PDT (auto user return) at a later time, for now everything works as you describe and IT'S GREAT!

Sorry for my stupidity and THANK YOU for your wonderful support!