Demo site

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:06 AM

Is the skin for the demo site available?  Also, is the featured product just a static pane?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Our web designer is hoping to produce some kind of release for the skin soon, The featured products is just the productlist modules with display featured only selected in the settings so only products with the featured flag checked are displayed.

Dave.

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Perfect.  That skin is quite nice.   I see what you mean with the featured products.  I got it working but it seems to change to the context of the category I'm in instead of displaying the featured items from the whole store.  For example, I have 1 featured product out of 10 in the store.  The featured product belongs to Category 1.  When I'm browsing Cat 1 the featured product shows, but not when I'm browsing any of the other categories.  I understand the behaviour, as it is the same control as the productlist so it's responding in kind, but what is the configuration to detach productlist from the categories?

BTW I'm using DNN 5.1 and no problems as far as I can see.

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Hi,

Great to see no problem in DNN5.

In the settings of the productlist modules settings you need to select  "All Categories" and "Featured Only, Browsing Disabled"

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Well, I don't see any problems! :)  I'm new to the whole DNN thing too so I haven't developed any 'instincts' with DNN.  No exceptions have been thrown though but I haven't really hit upon all aspects of nb_store either.

Thanks for the help with the featured products.  In retrospect Browsing Disabled is obvious!

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Another question about the demo site.  How do you get the productlist to show the name of the category that has been selected?  e.g. on the demo site if you select Men the header for the productlist says Men too.

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM

You  put the title into the the category description and then on the productlist settings select the option to always display category description.