Options "+" symbol removal?

Jul 1, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Hello,

I just downloaded NB_Store today, and I really love the flexibility available.   Not being a programmer, but comfortable with templates, this may be the best ECommerce module I have seen to date (and I have worked with most over the past few years).   I am really excited about this module!

The question I have is for something VERY minor, but I am assembling a small store and displaying options in the product list (so users do not need to go to details to select options and buy).   I made the template, but is it possible to remove the "+" symbol within the drop down listing of options that is inserted between the option name and price?    I do not have a base price for the product, so the option selection is used to display the full price.    The "+" symbol may just cause confusion in this case, so I would like to remove it for this specific store (ideally, this is another template change somewhere).   

Thanks for a terrific module.   I will watch this project very closely, and I am willing to assist where I can, if needed.

Best Regards,

Terence
TMMworld.net

Jul 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Hi Terence,

From the sound of it I think your using the options as models. the idea is that you have a product with multiple models, each model has a price associated with it.  If the model has options as well then either those options will not have additional charge (make the option cost "0.00") or it will have an additional cost (hence the "+").

Does this make sense??

Like me know how you get on,

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Thank you Dave, 

I completely missed the Models area, this is perfect! 

Related to this, I do have a feature request for your list.    It would be nice to have the ability to pre-define Models and/or options so they can be quickly associated with a product when a product is added.    For example, I want to setup a store for selling photographs, with a drop down list of different print sizes available for each .   There are many photos, and the print sizes available and prices are all the same for every photo.    

Thank you again!

Terence

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Hi Terence,

I had a complicated method of doing this in the original prototype of NB_Store, but I found that once I introduced the copy product option (you can find that on the product list), I never used it anymore, so I simplfied the code for NB_Store by removing it.  So the method of doing what you want is to setup a template product (maybe in a template category which is not shown to the clients) and simply copy the product when you want to create a new one with all the options and prices matching.  Of course this leads to issues of updating prices and options across product, but I hope to do something with this, by doing batch updates or/and by having an offical template product system, in future.

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Sweet.   Actually, for simplification, the copy product does a better job than what I requested.
I should have taken more time in learning the module before asking such questions.

Thanks very much!
Terence