Product Item sizes

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:09 AM

I am creating an apparel website ;How do I add sizes to the items I'm selling?

Also, when I add the CategoryMenu, it appears to be duplicated, it dumps an extra (identical) row of menu choices onto the screen. In both cases these matters have been resolved in your demo version.

I need to have a landing page for each category; is that possible?

thanks, Sam Grossmann.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Hi Sam,

Sizes can be added by creating a number of different models for each product, or by adding options, it all depends on your product needs.

The duplicate is the root level menu and then the sublevel menu being the same on the first page, in the settings of the category menu, you have a setting to hide submenu when it matches the root menu. (there are plenty of settings on the menu, you'll probably have to play around a bit to get the appearence you wish.)

The landing page, can be done by having a hidden (or default to a category)  productlist page  in the DNN menu, the having a tab which links via a url to the productlist tab, in the url you need to specify the catid parameter example( "catid/6" ), this way you have 1 real tab, with the product list module and a number of URL tab that link to it specifying the correct catid.  I usually just have the productlist modules defaulted to my major category then the category menu a t the side.

Sorry for the rushed response, hope it helps,

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Thanks Dave, It's a great help. (Although I haven't actually explored any of these remedies yet, nevertheless it all seems pretty straightforward.) The thing that has me confused is the garment sizing, I'll let you know once I've started work on it. On your demo model you have a nice little (input) box for sizes. I haven't had a good look at the database either; is there a field for product sizes?

Thank you for your prompt reply, bit by bit it'sall coming together. Kind regards, Sam.

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Hi Sam,

No the sizes are models (Although in v1.1.7 there is custom fields for products), login as "manager", "manager" on the demo site and you'll see the setup.

Dave.