this.container.parentnode is null or not an object

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:59 AM

I get this error this.container.parentnode is null or not an object when accessing the product details page. then my dnn menu has gone. 

I googled it, and found this http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Forums/tabid/795/forumid/109/threadid/244477/scope/posts/threadpage/1/Default.aspx

Just wondering if adding jQuery.noConflict() can solve my problem too?

Cheers

Ray

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Hi Ray,

What version are you using? Is it NB_Store v1.1.6 in DNN5 or DNN4?

In v1.1.7 I've used the JQuery.noConflict to get over a simular problem wioth the menu not appearing in DNN5, but I've not seen any issues in DNN4.

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I'm using NB_Store v1.1.6 in DNN4.9.4.

So shall I update NB_Store to 01.01.07 (Beta)?

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:12 AM

This only happens when I'm logged in as admin or host

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hi,

Just think off the top of my head, a message like this could be linked to an incorrectly specified template...have you changed any templates?  If you have try creating a simple template and try that!

The fact  that the DNN menu doesn't appear I can only link to a JQuery conflict.

Have you got a test website I could have a look at?

Have you got another modules on the page other than the productlist?

Is this on all products in the store or just 1?

Have you tried removing the [TAG:IMAGELIGHTBOX] token from the product detail template?

After this I would say the first step, I'll presume your still building the website at the moment, is to upgrade to the v1.1.7 beta.   Although I'm not convinced this is your problem, because I've not had a conflict running v1.1.6 on DNN4 and I've only added the noConflict to get the category treeview working.

But let try that and take it from there.

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 17, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Thanks Dave, I've upgraded to 1.1.7 and everything seems to work fine.

Unfortunately, my site is still in the development environment, it can't be accessed from outside our network.