Stuck in French/Euro - Need US $

Jul 16, 2009 at 2:20 AM

I've read all the discussions that I can find about getting switched from French to US English and the $ symbol.  Unfortunately nothing seems to work for me.

Can someone outline all of the places to check?

I hit the Back Office:Utilities: merchant.culture setting, added a merchant.language setting, restarted the application, purged my (Firefox) cache, checked my DNN language setting - all looks good, yet I still have "prix" for price and the euro symbol instead of $.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Steve

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Hi Steve, have you had a look through the various templates un the Utilities section.. the symbol and other items are plain text in several of those e.g. the minicart.  and you can change it to whatever you like there.

Rob

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Thanks Rob.  I was under the impression that this was all dynamic, depending on how the module and portal are set up.  Is that not true? - you just whack the templates?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Hi Steve,

In the case of the checkout where we can format the amounts using DNN localization the currency symbol is dynamic, I'm afraid at the moment the templates don't have that ability, because usually a store will only have 1 default currency it works with, in these cases the DNN dynamic symbols has to be overwritten in multiple language websites.  Making the template correct and the DNN dynamic wrong!!..even though it's right for the language.

The way around this is to be able to set a currency symbol globally for the website..something that is on the devlopment roadmap, but for now I'm afraid the way is to Whack the templates.

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 16, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Ah, the old "chocolate in my peanut butter" issue!

Thanks Dave, I'll whack away!

Steve

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM

OK, there's something I'm just not getting.

I edited the templates and that DID fix the issues with the carts.

What is not fixed is the product display produced by the NB_Store_ProductList module.  I still have the euro symbol, trailing plus "retour", "prix" and "quantite" on the page you get when you click on the product.

Help!

Thanks!

Steve

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Hi Steve,

Did you look at the "productdetail.template", and by the way the best pratise is to create your own template with a different name.  This way there is no confusion.

Regards,
Dave

Jul 16, 2009 at 10:56 PM

So if I create new templates do they persists when I run the next upgrade or will I have to recreate them?

Richard

Jul 16, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Thanks Dave... I thought I checked all of them, but possibly not.  I will check.

Thanks for the tip!

Jul 18, 2009 at 8:25 AM

High,

Need to setup for Australia,

I created my own product detail template, but when I went to the product settings, the template I created wasn't in the list.

I'm missing something but can't find where it is!!!!

JJ

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Hi JJ,

Make sure you specify the ".template" extension in the name field when you create the template. That should fix it.

Rob

Jul 18, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Thanks, i'd put .au on the end.

Just another quick question.... How do I change the date format to use dd/mm/yyyy? I suspect it's a dnn thing, but can't get it right.

JJ

Jul 18, 2009 at 12:27 PM

so do i. i didn't managed to get functioning it. only to have basic template (default) and second template (culture)
TO HAVE the same name.so always you must have basic (default) and your own template (culture).

Any help?

Markku

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2009 at 10:31 PM

HI,

@JJ - The date formats used will reflect the DNN language used.

@Markku - The templating system works by: First look for a template based on the current language, if that exists use it, if it doesn't exists then use the default template.

Regards,

DAve.

Sep 19, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Okay first let me say that so far I really like this program.  Second I'm at version 1.01.07 I installed it last night and spent several hours searching through these discussion and google and have found almost all the answers I needed until now.  This post states to change the currency symbol from € to $ it is not in the minicart template and I cannot find where to make this change.  I'm on the module part of NB_Store_Checkout and I need to find where to make the changes.  Please let me know what file to edit or what template to edit.  I went through every template to see if I could find it but so far cannot.  Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2009 at 3:14 AM

There was a recent change that has meant the store will use the currency symbol matching the current site culture instead of the manually-typed currency symbols in teh templates. If you want it to be a different symbol, there is a new template for it... Look in the documentation.html in the PA and search for "currency.culture". There are also new tokens [Currency:Symbol] and [TAG:CURRENCYSYMBOL] that you might need to use in some cases.

I hope that helps,
Rob

Sep 20, 2009 at 7:47 AM

In Utilities, Settings, there is a setting Merchant Culture. Change it to en-US for USA. First bit is the language, ie en for english, fr for french. Second bit is the country code, US for USA, FR for France AU for Australia.

You may also need to change some of the templates that have the currency symble in them.

Sep 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Robax and Micahsdad thank you both so very much.  I had already made the change to en-US and that didn't work at first but I guess I should have restarted the system or something because a few hours later it worked and is working now.  Thank you again and I will use this info to continue making changes as needed.