Delete product model dropdown doesent disappear

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

If i add a product model i have 2 models, in the product detail a dropown appear and you can choise a model, but if I remove the model, and i return in the initial situation, the drop down doesen't disappear.

Thanks
Rmartin

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Yes, this is how it's designed to work, if a product has only one model, then the product is effectivly the model...if a product has multiple models then the users needs to select a model to go into the basket.

Is there some other way you want it to work?

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 16, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Yes, but is possible that when the model is only one that the dropdown desappear?
When I create a product the dropdown is hide!

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8008/nbstoredrop.gif

Thanks
Rmartin

ps. compliment for the work very very nice module!!!!!

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Hi,

I see what you mean.  Unfortunatly I think you've already found the work around, create two models and make the second stock "0".  Although I can see why you would want this, I'll make a note and see if we can do something for a future release, like an option to always show model dropdown.

Regards,

Dave

Jul 17, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Hi Dave

My question is: I need to remove the dropdown in the sheet of the product if the model difened is only one.
When a product is new and the model row is one the dropdown doesen't appear? Is correct?

If i create another module (two rows in the administration area) the dropdown in the sheet appear, but after that if i REMOW one of the model row the dropdown doesent disappar?
I look in the database and realy the row isn't deleted, the column "delete" are True.

But i think that if there is only 1 module the dropdown need to be hide.

What do you think?

Thanks

Rmartin

Jul 17, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Hi Dave

My question is: I need to remove the dropdown in the sheet of the product if the model difened is only one.
When a product is new and the model row is one the dropdown doesen't appear? Is correct?

If i create another module (two rows in the administration area) the dropdown in the sheet appear, but after that if i REMOW one of the model row the dropdown doesent disappar?
I look in the database and realy the row isn't deleted, the column "delete" are True.

But i think that if there is only 1 module the dropdown need to be hide.

What do you think?

Thanks

Rmartin

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Hi,

The model dropdown appears if there is more that 1 model, not way around this at the moment (unless you change the code) , but you could try using a radiobutton instead, this may have the effect your looking for.

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:43 PM

> The model dropdown appears if there is more that 1 model,

No, the model drop down appear also if I have 1 model and 1 model REMOVED because I can't delete a model

Fabio

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Hi Fabio,

The reason you can't deleted  the model is because it exists in one of your orders, archive the order and purge order via BackOffice>utilities>export and you'll be able to delete the model

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 21, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Yes it's true!!!!
It's only for this.................... I'm a stupid.

Thanks!!!!

Fabio