Hide Page list?

Jul 17, 2009 at 7:39 AM

I want to put 2 Fatured products in my home page, If I define 3 Featured products and a page list appear behind.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2853/nbstorepagelist.gif

Is a way in the Setting of the product list modul to hide the page list?
I try to modify the template, but there isen't the page list.

Another question, is the way for the product appear random?

any idea?
Thanks

Rmartin

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2009 at 10:21 PM

HI,

1.  Make your page size something like 999999, the paging should not appear then.

2. No sorry random products aren't yet possible.

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:41 PM

1) OK! Obviously!!!  thank I'm a stupid

2) Do you think will be possible in next version to have only fetured random product?

Thanks

Fabio

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM
Any news about the random product in the product list? thanks rmartin
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010 at 6:11 AM
Hi Fabio, Sorry no random products in v2.1...it's on the roadmap, so it may get into a future version at some point....although computers don;t have real random numbers, so how we implement it and get it linked to the products is probably the thing that will hold this back....not sure if any other open source carts do this feature?....if somebody reading this wants to try coding it, please submit your code for inclusion into the core. Regards, Dave.
Jun 29, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Ok for the random.... I wait the future version But another question. I have 2 product list, 1 in my Home Page with 2 Featured products, and 1 in my SHOP page with 8 products. Ho can I can choose the listed product on the Shop page? If I use the Featured filter How can I select the 2 product on the Home Page I hope to be clear Rmartin
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Hi Fabio,

It's not clear what you mean!! :-).  But if you mean you want people to select the featured products and then view the details on you shop list page, then simply set the DNN module settings to have a detail page of you shop list page.

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I too would appreciate a 'random' product listing as well. Granted there is no real random number with computers but all my customers would like is some way to place a product window on the side bar to show a featured product or 2 that are picked from the list of items that are in a category or feature list regardless of if they are truly 'random' or not. Anything would be better than nothing at this point in their eyes. Thanks!

Jehremie

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Hi Jehremie,

Sorry about the late reply...I had my PC crash last time I answered this post, and then forgot about it!!

But what you need to do is use another productlist module and select feature only mode, it will then display only the products with the featured checkbox checked.

Regards,

Dave.

Nov 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. What you describe is what we are doing currently but there are 50+ products in the 'Featured' group and we only show the top 3 in the pane. We manually go in and change the sorting every week (as well as the refID) just to show more than just 1 set all the time but it still needs some form of randomness to it so that every refresh has new products shown.

Thanks,

Jehremie