Flag Products as Call for price

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to flag a product so that it says call for price?

JJ

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Hi JJ,

Try looking at the setting "zeroprice.text", it's mentioned in the documentation.  You'll have to create the setting in BackOffice>Utilities>Settings. (This option was added in v1.1.6)

Regards,

Dave.

Jul 26, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Thanks for that, although couldn't find it in the doco.

Speaking of which, I want to customise the layout of the category list. There are some options in the the settings, but I can't find any doco on this. Is there some, and if so where is it?

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Make sure you use the documentation.html that is in the PA. It is always the most current one. the Zeroprice template name is in that.

The thing to know about templating the categories is that the settings fields accept html and tokens. Click the help icons next to those fields for some info.

Regards,

Rob

Jul 27, 2009 at 6:07 AM

Rob,

Thanks for the info.

What I want to do is use a vertical menu for the categories/sub-categories, and place it in the left pane.

I'm sure I'm not the first to want to achieve this, so is there some How To stuff somewhere that I can follow rather than having to re-invent the wheel?

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Yes, it's not easy to do a conventional vertical menu in this. I've been able to get something passable using these settings here.

Alternatively, Dave enabled some jQuery treemenu bits in 1.1.7 and you'll find the "shows tree menu" setting will display it. You then need to tick the boxes for the other menu bits to hide them, or you'll see two menus.

In order for the treemenu to (at least partially) work right and always expand to the currently selected category, you'll have to update the code in the jqtreeview.code template:

<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'> j(document).ready(function(){j('#NBStoreTreeMenu').treeview({animated:'fast', collapsed: 'true', persist: 'location'});});</script>
You might prefer to wait for the next beta, hopefully this week, which will contain all the right bits and an important cache fix.
Rob
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I've just loaded beta3 into codeplex, which should solve the two issues Rob, has pointed out.  There are still a couple fixes to go into another beta4 version which should be this week.

Dave.

Jul 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Dave,

Thanks. Treeview is great.

Have another question but will start another thread.