Checkout problem when non-user v. 1.1.7 beta2

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Error: Checkout is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.TokenStoreReplace..ctor(NB_Store_OrdersInfo objOrderInfo, String Lang) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.CheckOut.DisplayCompletedMsg(Int32 OrderID, String TemplateID) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.CheckOut.CompletedChqPayment() at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.CheckOut.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Following message occurs when you have chosen cheque payment option and you are checking order as administrator
immediately after order confirmation. Everything looking ok, but non-user option causes error above.

How should be this kind of issue solved?

Regards,

Markku

PS. it occurs only when you are  non-user customer.

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:44 AM
Edited Aug 1, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Another issue. Above problem occurs when http reference (stg/5)  is alive when you are logging in to eCommerce to checkout order situation.
How whould this checkout normally (cart is emty), now  (sgt/5) be prevented to cause error and go back to cart is empty stage(1) situation?

Aug 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Hi Marku,

I've had a quick try to recreate this problem, but I can't.  Could you give me some steps to recreating it, also what gateway provider are you using.

Also try upgrading to v1.1.7 beta6, I don't think there are any changes that will stop this error from happening, but at least then I can try recreating it with the same code you are running.

Regards,

Dave.

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM
Edited Aug 1, 2009 at 7:42 PM

ok. you are non-user customer. you have finished you order and there are lying on page http reference alive to this final step (5)
and when you now is logging in at the same session error occurs. not when you start another session. this must be remember
when you must demo the eCommerce. When you have this final step open and you logging in as administrator error happens
not depending on payment method. As registered user you go out first and there are not page url referring to final step (5) any more
but as administrator you are giving this message. this step 5 (stg/5) is not valid anymore and
this reference (url) causes this error, because there are  still reference to this (stg/5)  url.
but if you are started another session to check out orderhistory is situation differen  (stg/1) is active now, not this (stg/5)

Another question to use [currentpage] rerefence after bankcard payment. it could be nice to go back to page where you was.
when multiple checkput rererencies is used. it is woking with cheque payment, It could be nice to have possibility to use [currentpage]
rererence as the same way as [orderid[ in paypal.template to set return (url) 

Problem with this:  editor is changed [P to [p and you lost image url using background image reference:
background: url([Product:ImageURL]) is changed to background: url([product:ImageURL]) and error occurs.
There are not possibility to '' char. For example [Tag is the as [tag but not [Product and [product

And finally discount options timetable. need to have they are necessary to have when going on and start selling this eCommerce.

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:20 AM

Ah!!!...Got it...That's a well hidden one!!!

I'll have a look next week at the code and see what's happening.

The [currentpage] token in the bank provider.  I don;t think we keep the currentpage value in the url by the time we go to the checkout, so we can't place it in the gateway url either.  Unsure why you say it's working in the cheque provider?...unless I'm misunderstanding you!

The lower case [tag is an issue with the editor reformatting the text, you can look at changing the editor config option or use the textbox option to edit (I use the textbox, because it allows copy and paste from a better editor)...Although I'll look into making it case insensitive.

I'm currently finishing the discount and I think they'll take 2-3days to integrate correctly into the current version of NB_Store, I simply need to find the time to do this without little things like trying to earn a living getting in the way.....close...so close...but no yet!!!   To give you a better idea, I think we'll be able to release a beta before the end of the month (Again!!).

Regards,

Dave.

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:59 AM
Edited Aug 2, 2009 at 6:12 PM

This [currentpage] with cheque payment option in the case of RETURN url means that there are no RETURN url changed to go back to current page when you have finished your order,
but there is RETURN url needed to specify with http reference in the paypal.template to which page you go back (starting page=RETURN url) when you have finished or cancelled your payment with bankcard option. it could be possible if you have possibility to modify cart update procedure where you can change this RETURN url to current page [TABID]  (default) the same way used with referencing products in orderlist sent by email (simple)  http:/www..../Default.aspx?TABID=232 (only TADID needed)

Using this [TABID]  as RETURN address to (stg/5) resolves the problem earlier mentioned.
Then there are no need to fix anything else.

this [T to [t or [P to [p is problematic using background imaging. It is editor property but need to resolve. Case sensitive is OK.

finally you find that error (stg/5). Best you can get!

Thank's for your patience.

Regards,

Markku

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Once again this (stg/5). if this (stg/5) is still alive and when you change the language, the orderinfo error occus.
this is critical when you change language from front panel and you have this http reference alive (non-user purchase)

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Aug 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.