category delimeter changing to eliminate extra white space

Aug 31, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Category delimeter if not used causing extra <td></td> between category items. So seamless category layout suffers for this extra white space.
Hope to fix it to eliminate this empty delimeter cell.

Regards,

Markku

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Hi Marku,

Could you give me a bit of a more description of where this is, so I can find it. (a copy of the source will do)

Thanks,

Dave.

Aug 31, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2009 at 1:03 PM

<table id="dnn_ctr1069_CategoryMenu_dlRootMenu" class="nb_store_ItemStyle" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse:collapse;">

<input type="text" value="377" /><input id="syn_ctrl377" type="text" value="-" />
<tr>
<input type="text" value="378" /><input id="syn_ctrl378" type="text" value="-" />
<td>
<input type="text" value="379" /><input id="syn_ctrl379" type="text" value="-" />
            <a id="dnn_ctr1069_CategoryMenu_dlRootMenu_ctl00_hypCatLink" href="http://www.psas.fi/Ashtrays/tabid/242/CatID/11/language/fi-FI/Default.aspx"><li class="nb_store_itemStyle2"></li>Bowls<ul class="nb_store_tabStrip"></ul></a>
<input type="text" value="380" /><input id="syn_ctrl380" type="text" value="-" />
        </td><td>
<input type="text" value="381" /><input id="syn_ctrl381" type="text" value="-" />
         </td><td> 
<input type="text" value="382" /><input id="syn_ctrl382" type="text" value="-" />
            <a id="dnn_ctr1069_CategoryMenu_dlRootMenu_ctl02_hypCatLink" href="http://www.psas.fi/Ashtrays/tabid/242/CatID/13/language/fi-FI/Default.aspx"><li class="nb_store_itemStyle2"></li>Ashtray<ul class="nb_store_tabStrip"></ul></a>
<input type="text" value="383" /><input id="syn_ctrl383" type="text" value="-" />

Here above is this extra <td> tags - delimeter is not used causing extra space.
Sep 1, 2009 at 3:58 AM
Edited Sep 1, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Note: those input fields in previous comment were apart of editor's line markups (for instance <input type="text" value="381" /><input id="syn_ctrl381" type="text" value="-" />)

Another cutting edge: one single pixel line (white space) is delimetering caregory item at the bottom of the main category table area.
so active tab cannot form consistent area with the rest of site The area is not continuous. 

Category order option is missing arrange categories by id, name etc.
Current tab option is missing to mark tab current when the site loads.

Hope ckeck out and  fix those.

Note:
How is it possible to use templated category area the same way as productlists using tags [tag:.catid1],[tag;category1],[tag:catlink1] etc. So you can form category site as you wish and form
as you like. i don't have seen before but now is it possible to create it. Another advantage using gallery of categories you can form content site of your productlists
including names, descriptions and images of your categories. So you can use category template instead of shared to another module. 
There are now category includes but no templated content of categories. So no pixel problems anymore. I will stay waiting for that.

Regards.

Markku

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Hi Marku,

I've not had time to look at this yet, but I've just noticed that the tokens that exist for category menu are only mentioned in the resx help section of categorymenu setttings.  I've just added the section below to the documentation, I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dave.

Category Menu Tokens

Category Menu tokens can be used to display the category menu in a html format.

[TAG:CATEGORYNAME],[TAG:PRODUCTCOUNT]

These tokens are used in the categorymenu module settings in the "Accordion Name Template", "Tree Name Template", "Root Name Template" and "Sub Name Template"

Sep 1, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Edited Sep 1, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Yes they are functioning, but setting menu layout correct is not because of those extra <td> tags. As default there would be &nbsp;&nbsp; as delimeter html
but empty field should eliminate those <td> tags. so the result will be clean. but there is still this one pixel bottom line (white space) deviding the main category table area and category item itself affecting not to see
seamless and consistent category labeled content area (productlist) (side by side).
i found out that cellpadding - setting default (0) - is missing from settings of category table. see below.
This could be the solution to the pixel problem above.

<table id="dnn_ctr1069_CategoryMenu_dlRootMenu" class="nb_store_ItemStyle" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse:collapse;"> ....

Regards,

Markku