out of stock iimage

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:11 AM
Edited Sep 2, 2009 at 5:52 AM

Can someone help me figure out why the [TAG:OUTOFSTOCKIMG]tag is not working in the productlist template when stock is at 0.  I have created a few templates and inserted the tag and even with stock at 0...it does not display anywhere .  However, the image displays in the 'detailedproduct' page template...

Secondly, the NBStore 'search' module is returning search results that look very much like default DNN serach feature.  Is there a site out there that has the module displaying the search results properly?

Lastly, what can be done with the Models feature.  As it is by default, the customer is not forced to make a selection from the models dropdown, if present.  It just shows the first model in the list and this may not let customers know that there are other models. Trying to see if there is way to make the first text in the dropdown a generic but editable text like 'select' and if a model is not selected from the dropdown and tthe BUY button is clicked, there would be a pop-up or an overlaying text informing the customer that he/she must first select a model/type, etc from the dropdown before proceeding.

Thanks Forum

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Hi Adeo,

The token should be "[TAG:SOLDOUTIMG]" I think there was a mistake in the early version of v1.1.7 documentation, it should be OK now.  But you must also create the "soldoutimg.template" which will be displayed by the token.

The search was made more simple in later versions of v1.1.7 betas, it was trying to do some complex soundex, but it came back with stupid results when small words where entered.  But should be working OK now, have a look at the demo http://ecommerce.nevoweb.com/.   Maybe you need to look at the settings in the search modeule.

The models can be displayed as a radiobutton list, which goes some way to solve your problem.  The idea about the buy button only being active when a model is select is nice, but it'll have to wait for a later version.

Regards,

Dave

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM
Hello Dave,

Thanks for ur prompt response to my questions. I was able to fix the 'soldoutimg' issue but cannot find how to make the models display in any other way like a radio button, etc. Could you please give me some assistance and/or point me to where I may find it in the documentation.
The search feature is still not behaving correctly on my site. And how did you make the search module a skinobject. Can u part with the codes or steps on how I can do that and if you happen to have the time, amybe also on how I can make the minicart a skinobject also.
Please take a look at the site at www.dev.414organic.com.dnnmax.com and take a quick look at the search module on the home page. and u will see what I am talking about. I also gave u the host login a little while ago if u need it.
And i will further explain about the buy button thing a little later or if I can get it coded... will send u the codes for insertion.

Thanks for ur time and help

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 23:57:47 -0700
Subject: Re: out of stock iimage [NBStore:67673]

Hi Adeo,
The token should be "[TAG:SOLDOUTIMG]" I think there was a mistake in the early version of v1.1.7 documentation, it should be OK now. But you must also create the "soldoutimg.template" which will be displayed by the token.
The search was made more simple in later versions of v1.1.7 betas, it was trying to do some complex soundex, but it came back with stupid results when small words where entered. But should be working OK now, have a look at the demo http://ecommerce.nevoweb.com/. Maybe you need to look at the settings in the search modeule.
The models can be displayed as a radiobutton list, which goes some way to solve your problem. The idea about the buy button only being active when a model is select is nice, but it'll have to wait for a later version.
Regards,
Dave

Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do online. Find out more.
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Hi Adeo,

That is certainly giving you the core search results. Make sure you have the Product List setting to Index the module enabled. Also check the search module settings and ensure that it is pointing to the page that has the indexed Product List on it.

I'm using the 1.1.7 beta6 now, and there were some issues in eariler betas, as Dave mentioned, but I can confirm that it works now - it uses only the first word of the query and it shows a product list of the results.

Rob

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 5:07 AM

Hi Adeo,

The token for the radio button is in the the v1.1.7 docs

[TAG:MODELSRADIO:{properties xml}] - Rabdio Button list of models if more than one exists, if not nothing will be displayed.

{properties xml} = A list of properties that can be linked to the control created. These porperties MUST be case sensitive and match to normal asp.Net properties.
E.g.
<prop CssClass="MyCssClass" RepeatColumns="2" RepeatDirection="1" />

Examples:
[TAG:QTY:<prop ErrorMessage="Invalid Quantity"/>]
[TAG:OPTIONRADIO1:<prop CssClass="MyCssClass" RepeatColumns="2" RepeatDirection="1" />]
[TAG:OPTIONTEXT3:<prop CssClass="MyCssClass" Width="50" MaxLength="3" ToolTip="Option3"/>][TAG:OPTIONVALREQ:<prop ErrorMessage="Invalid Option3 must be entered" Text="*" ControlToValidate="OPTIONTEXT3" />][TAG:OPTIONVALRANGE:<prop ErrorMessage="Invalid Option3 Text" Text="*" Type="Integer" MaximumValue="500" MinimumValue="0" ControlToValidate="OPTIONTEXT3" />]

Dave.

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:42 AM
Okay. Will give that a shot and see what works and if I can figure it out. Also, can please take a second to help me look at the 'search' situation.
I also asked you about the 'search' as a skin object like you have it in the demo site on codeplex and also if you can help me, if u have it, figure out how to make the 'minicart' a skinobject or hard coded into the skin.... both the search and the minicart.
I have checked the settings for search module and nothing jumps out as not setup well....as it is rather simple.

Thanks a lot for ur help

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 22:07:07 -0700
Subject: Re: out of stock iimage [NBStore:67673]

Hi Adeo,
The token for the radio button is in the the v1.1.7 docs
[TAG:MODELSRADIO:{properties xml}] - Rabdio Button list of models if more than one exists, if not nothing will be displayed.
{properties xml} = A list of properties that can be linked to the control created. These porperties MUST be case sensitive and match to normal asp.Net properties.
E.g.
<prop CssClass="MyCssClass" RepeatColumns="2" RepeatDirection="1" />

Examples:
[TAG:QTY:<prop ErrorMessage="Invalid Quantity"/>]
[TAG:OPTIONRADIO1:<prop CssClass="MyCssClass" RepeatColumns="2" RepeatDirection="1" />]
[TAG:OPTIONTEXT3:<prop CssClass="MyCssClass" Width="50" MaxLength="3" ToolTip="Option3"/>][TAG:OPTIONVALREQ:<prop ErrorMessage="Invalid Option3 must be entered" Text="*" ControlToValidate="OPTIONTEXT3" />][TAG:OPTIONVALRANGE:<prop ErrorMessage="Invalid Option3 Text" Text="*" Type="Integer" MaximumValue="500" MinimumValue="0" ControlToValidate="OPTIONTEXT3" />]
Dave.

Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do online. Find out more.
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Hi Adeo,

The Search on the demo site is not a skin control, it's a module.  It's just been placed in it's own content pane to make it look like a skin control.

Oliver Hine has produced some skin controls but I've not had time to look at them yet.  The idea is to perhaps include them is v2.0, so I would avoid using them unless you have too, because they may well change a lot in order to merge into the mainstream dev.

Regards,

Dave.