not right language email, always english v. 1.1.7b7

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Not right language email sent to customer or merchant, always body of email in english, should be based on current preferred language.
so changes have not affected to choose right language for a body of email sent.
Note: title text is always right language, but not a body of the email. tested with minimum validation option checked.

Could you help to check this out.

Regards,

Markku

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Hi Markku,

I've done quick debug and test of this and I notice that the "objUinfo.Profile.PreferredLocale" always takes the current culture regardless of what you set in the profile.

I think the idea is that if a user changes languages in DNN the DNN prefered local changes to match it????

So the code I got to pickup the prefered language of the user simply takes the current langauge....This could be the source of all the confusion.

I don't think there is much we can do with this.  Any suggestions welcome?

Regards,

Dave.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2009 at 5:24 AM
Until now I make changes everywhere but it seems to be so that you don't manage to catch right lang based on template
when this template is inside another one. But you have managed to make whole package so that when you tranfer ptrferred language based content
of order.email.template to chqpayment.email template everything goes fine and perfect. It is also concerning templates where we are referring to  [Template:order.email.template] or {Template:order.text.template]. That's it.
templated templates doesn't work in this case. i don't know why. But we shall remember to register countrycode to order gathering right language for
emails sending afterwards  But there is already countrycode registered for customer_ Maybe it is enough to catch right langusge for emails.
Another mentioned these delimeter <td> tags should be removed when this delimeter field is empty (default(&nbsp;&nbsp;) and set category table cellpadding (missing) default (0).
Finally is there any code for PayPal interface so that simply change verified v. paid to get payment verified. Now only merhant email is sent thus
payment is valid for customer side.

Regards,

Markku

Once again. The header text is correct so this for instance chqpayment.text has right language but when you  have called this template [Template:order.email.template] inside something goes wrong and body of email is ALWAYS (en-GB) templated. 

Note: I recommend to check code for those template [Template:order.email.template] or {Template:order.text.template]. concening to catch right language based template when they are called inside for instance chqpayment.text includes this template referral [Template:order.email.template] and also how is taken account this preferred language. There is something what should be modified.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Hi Markku,

I'm looking into the Template language issue, but I cannot recreate it.

Also the problem with the <td></td> on the category menu is created by the asp datalist rendering so, apart from changing the entire code, there not much I can do about this.

Regards,

Dave.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Hi Markku,

I've managed to recreate it, I think it's a issue with the cache, I'll look into it a bit more and let you know.

Thanks,

Dave.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Hi Markku,

This was a problem with the language not being passed to the recursive templates, in which case it took a default, that wasn't always there in the recursion.  I've now made the v1.1.7 Beta8 force the language param.  This fixes the issues in the circumstances I've found, I hope it works for you.  Please let me know?

I'll post beta8 onto codeplex today.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Dave.

Sep 3, 2009 at 9:48 AM

First super!

With reference to category menu. It is not standard looking. For instance codeplex tabbed menu layout is standard looking.
It is also concerning NB_Store admin menu too. There is extra space between category items. this should be removed but first cellpadding of category table have to be set default (0).
Maybe there is then one pixel left between those category items to be filled with grafics, characters etc.
Could you check out that and send message forward. Then you have possibility to create standard looking category menus as you wish
You have earlier set cellpadding of the main productlist table to default (0). Now is turn of category table to set cellpadding (missing) to default(0).  
I think that is enough.

But excellent work. i haven't replied to your notification message yet.

Regards,

Markku

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Hi Markku,

Our designer uses:

.catmenu td {
padding: 0px;
}

To get the effect your saying.

Regards,

Dave.

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:09 AM

It works! In future release it could be nice to set image ([TAG:CATEGORYIMAGE] templated) to each category item to show the content of category.
The same way as admin category menu has now.  Often there are no category images labeled eCommerce. 

I'll be expecting release of today.

It has taken much time and patience especially this email syndrome which finally injected by Dave
Thanks for all involved in this discussion.

Regards,

Markku

Sep 3, 2009 at 12:49 PM

what again now! There is this extra <td> pair at the end of category items which not belongs to set. It break the layout anyway.
i've exactly declared for instance 12 tabs but there are one empty tag lying on at the end of category set at the end.
Could you send this message forward to checkout this this extra tag.
Also this cellpadding for category table to set default(0) if possible. So no extra css style needed to declare.
The first one is obvious, It is rererring to all categories. There is no label.  you can't label it It stay empty
See below. This extra cell should be set hidden you can't handle it. so breaks your layout. 

Could you check out that.
<a id="dnn_ctr1070_CategoryMenu_dlRootMenu_ctl22_hypCatLink" href="http://www.psas.fi/Cutlerys/tabid/243/CatID/9/language/en-GB/Default.aspx"><li></li><ul></ul></a>
        </td><td></td>
   </tr>
  </table>

Regards,

Markku

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Hi Markku,

Yes, the problem is caused by the asp.net datalist when it renders:

have a look at this link, it not the same issuue,, but the same generating point

http://forums.asp.net/p/1329315/2666707.aspx#2666707

If you can find a different way apart from changing to the data repeater I'd be happy to implement it, but I've never had any problems being caused by it.

Regards,

Dave

(P.S. We can look at using the data repeater in a future release, but the datalist has other advantages which cut down coding)

Sep 3, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Yes. marking All categories to achieved resolved that. No extra category item exists now.

Thanks anyway

Markku

Notification email is sent concerning eBanking now.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Hi Markku,

I've already replied to your email adress with the source for paypal.  Didn't you get it??

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM
leedavi wrote:

Hi Markku,

I've already replied to your email adress with the source for paypal.  Didn't you get it??

I must say no. send once again. let's see

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 4:32 PM

OK done it,

I've also sent a link from nevowebmail, where you'll be able to download it.

Regards,

Dave.

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Finally i got it by your company website. it looks that something should be changed in verify process.
Let's see closer

I'll be back when i have checked it out.

Regards,

Markku 

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Master piece. Well done.
Bext to PayPal. Parameters should be changed by name but syntax is the same.
I'll be checked this PayPal and it seems to be so that PayPalEXIT=RETURN
gather information which should be used to generate authcode (md5 hash). ReturnUrl
includes ORDER_ID, TIMESTAMP, PAID, RETURN_AUTHCODE parameters. By those values
is calculated md5 hash AUTHCODE. This AUTHCODE should be the same as NotifyUrl includes
Those codes are compared to each other and then verification process is done.
Simple. Maybe you can give me advice to change code. I make changes first and then we can
look further. I could be the best way to make it funtioning right. it sounds a little bit complex.
i think we can over this.

Regards,

Markku

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2009 at 12:14 AM
utmar wrote:

what again now! There is this extra <td> pair at the end of category items which not belongs to set. It break the layout anyway.
i've exactly declared for instance 12 tabs but there are one empty tag lying on at the end of category set at the end.

Dave, is that perhaps the asp datagrid's empty footer cell? .. i.e. ShowFooter=False

Rob

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Hi Rob,

No I've tried that, I think it's some quirk of the datalist when using the seperator, it's trying to make a valid amount of <td>'s based on the seperator being there but then it clears the last <td> because the seperator doesn't need to be on the last <td>.

I suppose we'll need to talk to the guy at Microsoft who wrote the control to find out for sure.

Dave.