Related products

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Hi,

You module is just a bargain. Thank you.

I was wondering if there is a possibility to link between different products, like related one. (for example: if I am looking at baby bottle product, I'll see links to bottle niples etc.)

Also, is there any way to display vertical product gallery and on product click to display product details on the same page (other content region)?

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Hi,

At the moment the releated products modules doesn't exist, however it is on the roadmap, but I'm unsure when it will be implemented.

To do the vertical list and product detail is possible by using the "display feature only option" in the settings of the product list, however this means you'll have to have some kind of productid default in the url when you first enter the page and also only featured products will be listed.   NB_Store has not been designed to do this, so you may have a little trouble to get it to work nicely like that.  But I do like the idea and I'll make a note and maybe we can implement that in a future version.

Regards,

Dave.

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Hi - can you please let me know if this 'related products' module has been started yet or not?  If not, we might have a crack at building one :-)

Thanks!  Steph

(Geek Speak Web Design)

PS - we're new user of NB Store - nothing in production yet but it's an awesome product so far :-)  We've had some trouble getting useful information out of the documentation but we should be able to help you out there once we've written some stuff up for our own reference at this end. (I'm one of those weird people who like lots of documentation).

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Hi Steph,

As far as I know the related products has not been started by anyone, if you can have a look at this it would be fantastic!!...I'm always struggling for time and any help you can give is more than welcome.

The documentation is very poor at the moment (time thing again!) the best source is the documentation.html which is included in the install package.  I've also got a draft copy of a user "manager" manual in French, when it's been translated into english I'll post it on codeplex, (Next week I hope!).

Please get in touch with me through codeplex if you need any help integrating your related products module into NB_Store.  In fact please get in touch to brainstorm some ideas and co-ordinate any work you do.

Thanks,

Dave.