Adding new item to BackOffice Menu

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2009 at 6:32 PM

David,

It's been a while but I'm back working on a project that we are using NB_Store for.  Previously I added a new screen to the BackOffice menu without a problem (from what I recall).  I'm now trying to add another and I guess I'm missing something...

I added a new subtab to the MainMenu.xml file under the "Categories" tab.  I added the new user control to as a control in the Module Definition for the BackOffice control setting it's type to "Edit" like the others.  The problem is that when the menu is rendered, it displays the icon and redirects to the appropriate user control but the menu item text does not display (see below -- the red box).  I even tried adding a new tab with my new item and the title doesn't display for the tab either (see below -- the orange box).

Here is the line I added to MainMenu.xml...

<subtab text="Lookup Types" image="img/tabmenu/CategoriesTab.png" ctl="AdminLookupTypes" param="" />

What am I missing?

P.S. I am using version 01.01.05-beta1b of NB_Store (I started this project a while ago and I'm too close to being finished to upgrade to the newer code base right now)

Oct 22, 2009 at 1:39 PM

NEVERMIND!  I found it...

It was a missing entry in the resource file (MenuManager.ascx.resx).  I guess I forgot about this.

For others... the "text" entry in the mainmenu.xml file (i.e. "Lookup Types" above) must be entered in the resource file with a .Text extension.  The value entered is what will be displayed as the menu item text.

EXAMPLE:

<subtab text="Lookup Types" image="img/tabmenu/CategoriesTab.png" ctl="AdminLookupTypes" param="" />

is entered in the MainMenu.ascx.resx file as

Name:   Lookup_Types.Text
Value:  Lookup Types

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Great to see it's sorted and thanks for updating the thread :D

Rob