Discounts by Role

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Hi,

I would like to implement promotions by role. I have installed the latest version which is 2Beta11. However, I noticed that the role selection is empty and deactivated.

Kindly advise on how to proceed.

Thanks and best regards,

Sabrina

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Hi Sabrina,

Do a search in the Documentation.html for the promo.roles setting. This is a prerequisit for what you want to do. Add your list of comma seperated roles to that setting (create the setting new if it isn't there) and then those roles will show up for you in the promo options.

Just to clarify - Being able to specify the available roles like this is unique and very secure because it means shop operators aren't able to sell themselves a role - and elevate their access level to the website as a result.

Hope that helps,

Rob

Nov 16, 2009 at 6:14 AM

Hi Robax,

Excellent! It works now. Thanks so much!

By the way, I noticed that AdminDiscounts.aspx file is excluded from the project taken from the source codes. I will get compilation error if I include it. Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Sabrina

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2009 at 7:02 AM

Good stuff :D

I'll have to hand you over to Dave the meister dev on the complition error.... although I believe that file is obselete and replaced by AdminPromo.ascx, so you probably don't need it.

Rob

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Hi Sabrina,

Yes the "AdminDiscount.ascx" was deleted on version 2.0.0 and should not be included in the build.

Regards,

Dave.