Products not being index by search

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Has anyone had trouble with search and fixed it? It was working for me at one point. I imported a product catalog into a new store and now I can't get product catalog to get indexed. I have Index Module option ticked for Product List Module's settings. I have tried adding new products and reindexing with Host -> ReIndex Content. (search index works fine with rest of DNN content.)

NB_Store 2.0.2 on DNN 4.9.5

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:59 AM

Hi,

I myself have not had any problems with the search indexing, however your not the first to say this.  Which makes me think it's maybe something to do with NB_Store index having some kind of hidden bug.

Have a read of this thread, you can try clearing down the index and see if that works for you.

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=71835

Regards,

Dave.

(P.S.  In the next beta I'm going to have a quick look at this and see if I can find some kind of solution.)

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I have tried clearing the DNN search index and re-indexing but it did not work this time. It has in the past when editing attributes of existing products.

When editing attributes of an existing product, new content will not be index on Host->Re-index content
DNN Version: 4.9.5 and 5.1.4
Workaround: clear search tables, in host->SQL run following as script
delete {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}SearchItemWordPosition   
delete {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}SearchItemWord   
delete {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}SearchWord   
delete {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}SearchItem 
note: adding new product, then Re-index, will pick up new product

I had found that, for me, when editing attributes of an existing product, new content was not indexed after doing Host->Re-index Content

DNN Version: 4.9.5 and 5.1.4

Workaround: clear search tables, in host->SQL run following as script

delete {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}SearchItemWordPosition   
delete {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}SearchItemWord   
delete {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}SearchWord   
delete {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}SearchItem 

note: adding new product, then Re-index Content, would pick up search words from a new product

FYI: during the course of testing NB Store search I found a bug in DNN Search that has been fixed in 5.2. Non-breaking spaces ($nbsp; and $#0160;) are not treated as word breaks (but should be treated the same as a regular space) so words surrounded by non-breaking space show up in the search word table but are not searchable.