payment options

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Hello to all members! I've downloaded nb_store 2.0.6 stable version.
- How i can create different shipping rates for the same country?
In my country there are different shipping rates for regions (for example: for the same country in x regions 0-1kg €7,05; 1-5Kg €7,65 .. and in y regions 0-
1Kg €9,05; 1-55Kg €11,75 ). I've read that i have to do this on dnn but how and where?
- Can i install paypal and x-pay together? I want to have both them on the menu where users select their payment method.
Is possible to modify nb_store to have cheque and countersign between payment methods? They differs only in the payment and in the messages for users. If yes,
how i can install sources on dnn? I wanted to have two icons for these payment options and to modify messages.

Bye,

dyrak

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM

... and:

- When users buy items using cheque payment, i want to add to the shipping cost a percent cost called "percent" that is related to the total (calculated as

(Y percent/100)x(TOTAL))! Is possible to do this modifying the source?

Bye

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM

...and:

- If i want to add paypal payment options for other nations (for example Italy), i have to make these changes on configuration:

"https://www.paypal.com/it/xclick" instead of "https://www.paypal.com/xclick"

and "https://www.paypal.com/it/cgi-bin/webscr" instead of "https://www.paypal.com/it/cgi-bin/webscr"

isn't?

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM
Edited Dec 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Hi dyrak,

Here's some answers:

1 - Shipping Region:  These need to be first setup in DNN as a list, I've listed the documentation section below (documentation.html, installed with NB_Store)..Please note although it's country list setup, your effectivly replaceing the country list with your region list, but using the same feature.

Country Lists

The country lists displayed throughout the store have been designed to default to a DNN list called "StoreCountry.(CountryCode)"  if no list by this name exists in the store then the DNN "Country" list is used. Also if you enter a "country.list" in the store settings, only the countries in the "country.list" will be displayed in the dropdown. The names in the "country.list" must match the names in the DNN list used in order to be displayed.

Once you've setup you list "StoreCountry.it-IT" I think in your case? you need put these regions into your "country.list" setting.
After that you'll be able to setup each region with there specific shipping rate...this is a big job through the UI, so I always use SQl, if you know SQl have a look at "Shipping_Region_SQL_Insert_fr-FR.txt" on this linik [url:http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3414], it's setup for the French regions, but you should get the idea.
You'll need to change the source code and re-compile to put a shipping percentage.
I'm in France and the "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" works just fine, although I've never tried setting this up to goto the Italian paypal!
Also Note that the "https://www.paypal.com/xclick" link is now an old format, download the newest palpal provider and look at the readme.txt, it should explain how to setup paypal for the new format.
Regards,
Dave.
Dec 9, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Hi Dave. Thanks for your answers.
The countries in my case are France, England, Germany and Italy:
- The newest palpal provider is only for dnn 5.x or both dnn 5.x and dnn 4.x?
This because currently i'm using under dnn 4.x the old paypal provider (..."https://www.paypal.com/xclick"), is wrong?
- I've created and setup "StoreCountry.it-IT" and country.list (the same setup) in the store, but when i test it no country is displayed.
What other list in DNN i have to setup? From what option (out of the store admin settings?)?
- If i have to modify the source code nbstore xxx.zip and re-compile to put a shipping percentage, i first i have to install it.
When i try to install nbstore xxx.zip i get some errors! How can i install manually? After i modify it what other steps i must follow and how?
I must use visual studio 2005 to compile? What steps have you followed?

Regards,
dyrak

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Hi dyrak,

The payment provider DNN5 and DNN4 are identical, it's only the manifesto file which is different.

The xclick url is controled from the setting, you'll need to update the "gateway.paypal" setting as explain the readme.txt.

It looks like you've not updated the "country.list" setting,  BackOffice>utilities>Settings....this is a list and need to be exactly the same as your DNN list.

With the source, get the zip of codeplex, and simply unzip it inot the Desktopmodules/NB_Store directory.  I use VS2008, so you might have some issues trying to get VS2005 to load it...You'll probaly have to create a new project and then import all the files.

Regards,

Dave.

Dec 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Hi Dave!
I have setup for example my country.list  as:
France (Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne), France (all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne)
and my StoreCountry as:
France (Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne), France (all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne)
, but countrylistbox is empty when i proceed to order a product!
I must to setup another option out of the store in DNN menu?

With the source, i have to get the zip of codeplex, and simply unzip it in the Desktopmodules/NB_Store directory
where i have installed the store install version, Ok.

Regards,
Dyrak

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Hi Dyrak,

With the countries, it seems you've done what needs doing, just make sure the names are exactly the same in the DNN list "Country" List or you bespoke DNN NB_Store country list (don;t forget the naming convension, to have the culture code as part of the name) and in the "country.list" setting.  These are case sensitive.

Yes, with the source, just unzip it into the NB_Store directory.

Dave.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I've tested all the functionalities and i think NB_Store is a great module, compliments:)

Ok. My situation is the following (With the same characters):

country.list contains: France(Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne)

StoreCountry : France(Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne)

In countrylistbox appears only France

I've tested these changes:

country.list: France(Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne)

StoreCountry.fr-FR : France(Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne)

In countrylistbox appears only France

country.list contains : France(Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne)

store.country : (I've created it and delated StoreCountry)

France(Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne) 01

France(all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne) 02

with no results

With the store is possible to have paypal and pxpay and cheque in the same menu to use multiple payment methods that allow to switch between them (i must use a particular option in dnn or i have to modify sources)? Actually i have in my menu paypal and cheque.

Dyrak

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Are you using VS2008 over SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008? There is any problem with SQL Server 2008 (i want to upgrade from 2005 to 2008)

Dyrak

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 9:28 PM
dyrak wrote:

Are you using VS2008 over SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008? There is any problem with SQL Server 2008 (i want to upgrade from 2005 to 2008)

Dyrak

Just on that point, it all works fine on 2008... I've been on it for the past year now.

Rob

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2009 at 3:38 AM

HI dyrak,

I think I now understand what your trying to do and can see your issue, you've used a "," to seperate the regions, try using ";" as the "," is used for the delimerter.

Change

country.list contains: France(Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne)

StoreCountry : France(Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre, Brittany, Bourgogne)

To:

country.list contains: France(Centre; Brittany; Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre; Brittany; Bourgogne)

StoreCountry : France(Centre; Brittany; Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre; Brittany; Bourgogne)

As for the payment provider, unfortunatly only on payment provider (plus cheque provider) at a time can be used (something we hope to change in future), so if you required multiple payment providers you'll have to create your own provider with the gateways you need.

Regards,

Dave,

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Hi Dave,

In settings i have done the changes with no results. The use of the brackets is a problem?

I have tried to make other changes:

country.list: France(Centre;Brittany, Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne)

StoreCountry : France(Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne)

and

country.list: Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne;.....

StoreCountry : Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne;....

and

country.list: Centre,Brittany,Bourgogne;.....

StoreCountry : Centre,Brittany,Bourgogne;....

What is the convention?

And if i want to use the store only for France, what i have to do?

To have multiple payments i see that i have to make changes to the gateways. Can you send me these sources?I want to use VS 2008.

I need the source for the 2.0.6 beta 17 and the 2.0.7 the recent version (dnn 5 and dnn 4).

Regards

Dyrak

----Messaggio originale----
Da: notifications@codeplex.com
Data: 18-dic-2009 5.38
A: <dyrak@libero.it>
Ogg: Re: payment options [NBStore:77453]

pre {font-size:1.25em;}pre {font-size:1.25em;} pre {font-size:1.25em;} -->

HI dyrak,

I think I now understand what your trying to do and can see your issue, you've used a "," to seperate the regions, try using ";" as the "," is used for the delimerter.

Change

To:

country.list contains: France(Centre; Brittany; Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre; Brittany; Bourgogne)

StoreCountry : France(Centre; Brittany; Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre; Brittany; Bourgogne)

As for the payment provider, unfortunatly only on payment provider (plus cheque provider) at a time can be used (something we hope to change in future), so if you required multiple payment providers you'll have to create your own provider with the gateways you need.

Regards,

Dave,

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Hi Dave,

In settings i have done the changes with no results. The use of the brackets is a problem?

I have tried to make other changes:

country.list: France(Centre;Brittany, Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne)

StoreCountry : France(Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne),France(all regions except Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne)

and

country.list: Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne;.....

StoreCountry : Centre;Brittany;Bourgogne;....

and

country.list: Centre,Brittany,Bourgogne;.....

StoreCountry : Centre,Brittany,Bourgogne;....

What is the convention?

And if i want to use the store only for France, what i have to do?

To have multiple payments i see that i have to make changes to the gateways. Can you send me these sources?I want to use VS 2008.

I need the source for the 2.0.6 beta 17 and the 2.0.7 the recent version (dnn 5 and dnn 4).

Regards

Dyrak

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Is difficult to change it? What section must be changed to have multiple payments?

Dyrak

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Hi Dyrak,

Contact me through codeplex and I'll send you the source for payapal provider...what needs doing is basically each fuction needs to do the work of both gateways you want to use.

On the country list....I'm a bit confused about why your having the problems you are?...try exporting the settings and you can email them to me and I'll have a look. I've a couple of websites running in just France and this I find is always the easiest to setup...maybe your trying to do something my clients don't use?

Regards,

Dave.

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Hi Dave.
I've seen sources and the structure of the store and first i have implemented a payment method to add near cheque called counterassign (Collect on delivery).
It is similar to cheque and i want to include it directly in the store by default.
How can i create and modify the relative dll?
1. I want to access to NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.dll and to include counterassign (near cheque) modifying it.
2. I want to create NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayCounterassign.dll with methods siimilar to NEvoweb.DNN.Modules.NB_Store.GatewayCheque.dll

Where there is CssClass="Cheque_Link" in the store (the name of the .css module)?
Regards
Dyrak

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Hi Dyrak,

Not an easy question to answer!

1 - If you just want to replace the payment gateway button with your dll provider, then you just need to edit the "gatewayprovider.xml".

2 - If you want to have your gateway + the cheque gateway plus your new gateway, things get a bit more difficult.  The easiest way is to make you gateway providwer do your gateway + the cheque gateway. (i.e. both the buttons are displayed by the single gateway provider).  The other way is to change the NB_Store code in order to make it able to handle multiple gateway providers. (Something we hope to include in a future version)  I've not yet looked into how to do this, but the first idea that pops into my head is to make an extra gateway class called GatewayArray, whcih is simply a collection of gateway providers that are active.  The current gateway providers will then be changed to use this collection of gateway and display the button for each one...the the gateway provider then also needs to pass back whcih provder has been selected.

Regards,
Dave

Jan 13, 2010 at 11:00 AM

OK.
But when i try to open the NB_Store.sln and i modify sources i can't run this project because the DotNetNuke.Library is not available.
Where i can find this libary (C:\Library\DotNetNuke.Library.vbproj)?
Building in local the project i obtain the new dll files in bin direcory, ok (if i have the library)?
Then i must create my zip file that includes the new dll (cheque.dll and nb_store.dll and my...) and install it on my site.
Have you have followed this method?
There is a method that allows to modify the NB_Store.dll directly instead of recompling and rebuilding the store?

(i've downloaded the NB_Store_02.00.07_Install.zip on my site and then i've unzipped the nbstore-39225.zip.)

These are my changes to NB_Store with them i have some errors!

----Messaggio originale----
Da: notifications@codeplex.com
Data: 11-gen-2010 21.56
A: <dyrak@libero.it>
Ogg: Re: payment options [NBStore:77453]

pre {font-size:1.25em;} pre {font-size:1.25em;} -->

Hi Dyrak,

Not an easy question to answer!

1 - If you just want to replace the payment gateway button with your dll provider, then you just need to edit the "gatewayprovider.xml".

2 - If you want to have your gateway + the cheque gateway plus your new gateway, things get a bit more difficult. The easiest way is to make you gateway providwer do your gateway + the cheque gateway. (i.e. both the buttons are displayed by the single gateway provider). The other way is to change the NB_Store code in order to make it able to handle multiple gateway providers. (Something we hope to include in a future version) I've not yet looked into how to do this, but the first idea that pops into my head is to make an extra gateway class called GatewayArray, whcih is simply a collection of gateway providers that are active. The current gateway providers will then be changed to use this collection of gateway and display the button for each one...the the gateway provider then also needs to pass back whcih provder has been selected.

Regards,
Dave

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Hi,

Sorry about the delay, but what you need to do is just remove the ref to DotNetNuke.Libary and just create a direct link to the DotNetNuke.dll.

Have a look at  this thread: http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=50165

Regards,

Dave.