Shipping Method, Quote System

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Hi there, I'm just in the process of installing/configuring your module suite (and it is sweet).

Based on the example site (what a site!), 'live quotes' are possible with your modules.

I wish to configure a Canada Post live quote for the shop, using the system they provide at http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/

I've never done this before and have been reading the resources they provide upon their website.

Where would you suggest I start?

Such a system exists already for Drupal, but given it is PHP, I don't know if I could glean anything from reviewing the code therein...

Thanks again for the module!  It's quite tight.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:03 AM

Hi,

The "Live Quotes" which you see on the example are not in fact linked to the postal service, the shipping prices and weights are entered into the shipping functions of NB_Store and it is NB_Store which calculates the shipping based on what the client has in their cart.

If you want to link to a shipping system like this you'll be starting from scratch....and you may have problems integrating it into NB_Store, because the shipping calculation are currently part of the core and not a separate provider.  So although I think it is possible to link to your "Live Quote" solution it could be a lot of work to get it integrated.

I think if I was in your situation I would first look at the shipping system in NB_Store, get that working and then perhaps do a automatic update of the shipiing settings using the shipping import feature.  Or indeed wait until the shipping system in NB_Store is running on a provider model.

Regards,

Dave

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:07 AM

So in short it's an impossibility unless I want to rewrite aspect of the core, and given my inability to write ASP fluently...

Alrighty, well, damn shame because this solution was looking absolutely perfect...

I love the segregation of the existing pieces.

Keep up the awesome work.  Thanks again!