Product listings for products in two categories

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Our catalog has 4 different brands setup as categories, and also 4 different product functionalities setup as categories.

Is it possible to insert into a page a product listing which specifies two categories, and only displays products which are in both?

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:10 PM

As I understand this correctly, you have to do the following:
Assign the concerned products to a new category (for example "List").
Make a new product list template "Template.list" with the design you like.
Display the category "List" with this new Template Template.list

Regards, Ton

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Hi,

Ton is right, at the moment the way to do this is create another category and then assign the required products to it.  Then use this new category.  Another way could be to use 2 product lists on the same page, but I don't think this would give you the display your looking for,   This however does lead onto a requiement which has been pointed out, of create cascading parent categories, so you could create a parent categoey and automaticaly all products in the sub categories would be listed....hopefully we will be able to implement this soon.

Regards,

Dave.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Assigning an arbitrary number of categories to product-lists would definitely be helpful.

Dec 28, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Filtering by manufacturer will help, when filtering will be ready in future releases. There you wouldn't be need setup Brands as category
i wait for this release.

Regards,
Taras

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Hi Taras,

The manufacture functionailtiy is on the roadmap, but as of now we're unsure what's going to be in the next release.  We're going to review the raodmap in January and hopefully publish some release plans .......but as always with open source projects these tend to be very flexible, unless the  functionality is sponsored.

Regards,

Dave.