Google Adwords

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Hi there

We have setup and configured the NB_STORE and are now using it in a live shop. Well happy with it so far.

Do you know how we go about connecting the store to our Google Adwords account? We would like to track the conversions but dont know where to put the code snippet supplied by Google to track the sale.

At present we have temporarily added the code snippet to the Default.aspx for the site but this registers every visit to out site as a sale.

We need to add the conversion code to the checkout process but are unsure as to where to add the code as the Google help says the code must go in  a static area of the page.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Dec 30, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Hi,

I've not used the gogle adword js, so I can't talk from experiance, but the first thing I ould try would be to put it in the "paymentOK.text" template so the js is triggered when a purchase is made.....but like I said I'm unsure if this would work.  

Let me know how you get on?

Regards,

Dave.

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Hi Dave,

Please suggest how i can add Google Adwords Code on Thank You Page after payment. I am using CCAvenue Customized gateway for online payments. I have followed your instructions and added the adword code in "paymentOK.text" template but it did not worked for me.

Regards

Krishna

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:54 AM

Hi Krishna,

The template that displays after a successful payment is paymentOK.text as Dave has indicated.

Make sure you are completing a successful payment, otherwise a different template will be displayed. You can use the manual payment method to check this without putting live payments through.

When you're at the final page, look in the page source and see if you can find your code. If it's there but not working, then it may need to be formatted in some special way.. i.e. in Script tags perhaps ( I haven't used adwords myself)

And if you aren't seeing the code in the page source when you compete a payment then something else is wrong... but you should be seeing that template no matter what. Try putting a specific set of letters in it (e.g. xxxxxx) so that you know when you are seeing it.

RegardS
Rob